Sign in to follow this  
J. Schmidt

Pegasus Team 101 Sci Fi Units WIP

@Thromp I'm having trouble with the ramp animating, I get the action, but the animation doesn't happen. Also for some reason I'm able to walk through the fans and I don't know why. What would cause this and how would I be able to fix it? I created a fire geometry for each fan but it's not working, I'm having the same problem with the hovercraft and for some reason when I try to go down the stairs to the hanger of the hovercraft I die.

Here's a pic of one of the air ships and the hovercraft:

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n529/JSF_82nd_Reaper/Project%2002%20HoverCraft/arma2oa2012-07-2003-15-22-31.jpg (546 kB)

Edited by JSF 82nd Reaper

Hi

I assure you on vanilla without any add on , ramp work but I say again it needs better angles setting and better cpp value in user action to suit changes.

For geometry to work it must be component convex and have a mass value , fire geo same but no mass value .

You must not simply add those other 4 ships , you need to study the working example i gave you ,

the useractions statements and conditions in the config.cpp will need altering because you will need to set the ramp in Bulldozer

angle 0 will be = to 0 because its correct on init

Angle 1 will need to be of a value when you scroll the mouse wheel and it looks good . then you look at value top left of bulldozer . and animate it so in cpp.

Edited by Thromp

@Thromp Im still having problems with getting the geometry to work and the ramp to animate when in game. It only animates in bulldozer, I also still can't figure out why my unit dies once I go into the hovercraft. Was it Saturday that you were going to teach me how to create a wreck for a model?

Hi ,

Firstly as i have said , it will be next week before i open Arma , my time allocated to it is very deminished :).

The Best advice i can give you is to Run before walk and read my posts and answer methodically if you did this you will alreayd save yourself so many wasted words ;).

Animate ramp

it was severely over animated in Mode,cfg angle 0 = 45 ( this caused ramp to move from its position in o2 to 45 degree past on inti)

Angle 1= "rad 90", this cause when useraction = close ramp animate ......... 1 , this cause many revolutions of ramp.

so first it needs changing in model.cfg

minValue=0;

maxValue=1;

angle0=0;

angle1="-10";

};

then becuase we change here then your condition in cpp need change also

this line from

condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == 1";

to

condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == .1;

ok first fix this , i wont comment on Hovercraft because i feel its too much for you to understand 5 space ship and 1 hovercraft and you will simply have it done for you and not learn .

If this sound harsh , its not , its a matter of learning curve vs time ;).

Ok, so basically whatever you have in the model.cfg for the min/max Values and angle 0/1 the config.cpp file needs to equal that? So I fixed the model.cfg for the ramp and it animates perfectly.

class UserRamp
               	{
                   		type="rotation";
                   		source="UserRamp";
                   		selection="hatch";
                   		axis="hatch_axis";
                   		memory="1";
           			sourceAddress="clamp";
               		minValue="rad -45";
               		maxValue=0;
               		angle0="rad -45";
               		angle1=0;
               	};

So would I change the UserActions to this in the config.cpp:

class UserActions
   		{
       		class OpenRamp
       		{
           			displayName = "Open Hatch";
           			position = "action_hatch";
           			onlyforplayer = false;
           			radius = 8;
           			condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == -.45";
           			statement = "this animate [""UserRamp"", 0]";
       		};
       		class CloseRamp
       		{
           			displayName = "Close Hatch";
           			onlyforplayer = false;
           			radius = 8;
           			condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == 0";
           			statement = "this animate [""UserRamp"", -.45]";
       		};
	};

hmm

in my post i wrote what to put , if you did it then this happen with Ramp (ok i added some legs because i was bored , but ignore it everything else is the model i sent you back to learn it from ) >

88Sn0NhbCG4

I cant see what is this -.45 thing ?

best for you put aircraft thing in editor call it bob and make radio alpha trigger on repeat

put inside it bob animate ["UserRamp", .1]

then play with this number .1 try .2 .3 .4. 5. etc or even -.1 ,-.2 etc , when your happy then use this value for your config.cpp useraction animate value.

i dont know what you do but something different if you need this numbers maybe .

Cool legs that'll be a cool feature? and I got the ramp working now, here's what I have:

class UserActions
   		{
       		class OpenRamp
       		{
           			displayName = "Open Hatch";
           			onlyforplayer = false;
           			radius = 8;
           			condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == 0";
           			statement = "this animate [""UserRamp"", -.90]";
       		};
       		class CloseRamp
       		{
           			displayName = "Close Hatch";
           			onlyforplayer = false;
           			radius = 8;
           			condition = "this animationPhase ""UserRamp"" == -.90";
           			statement = "this animate [""UserRamp"", 0]";
       		};
	};

I'm having some difficulties with the geometry lod for the fans though. I decided to use your fans, but keep the fan case that I had, and I have to say the fans look really cool now. I'm also working really hard on the texturing which I'm still a complete newbie, I don't know how to create UV's and add details. It would be really cool if I could get the computer screens see through or holographic looking but I don't know how to do this either.

Glad you have it working :),

you need to tidy up the shell ,because you have a lot of double face and it causes z fighting , you can see it on the dashboard particularly ,look at the flashing , maybe make this your next Goal so you can move on .

i will send this one with Legs in a new folder as test so you can use for lookup .

Thanks, but I how do I go about fixing the flashing? I have applied textures to the model now would that help with the flashing and do you have a texture that I can use for your fans you created?

---------- Post added at 03:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 AM ----------

Would you like me to send you an updated version of the air ships with most of the texturing done, and so you can see if the flashing still is there?

Hi ,

to settle flashing you will just have to look intensive at model im afraid , today i just see flashing on roof where cabin is bigger than shell , and ramp is to wide.

Textures , i simply use the ones in CA from Bis just link to them not put in folder or anything , this save file space.

I dont need update texture version thanks, i would like to see pic or video sometime tho.

I will send you example_destiny now hope you learn somethings from it any question feel free to ask . when you have your troop carrier in your complete status hope i can do example weapon version sometime .

cheers

Thromp

File on way via priv message :)

Ok, cool, the 4th air ship I created I would like to get it to have weapons on it, hence that's why it's called amphibious assault. I also just found out that when I fill each air ship to the max amount of units it can carry that after a certain number of units board the rest that follow stop showing up in the other seats. How can I fix this?

Transportsoldier =

that number should be equal to the number of cargo proxies you have in the model .

when that is reached no more can get in the craft

i think for yourse is 14 cargo proy so 14 is correct number .

i think if you want co pilot you must move cargo proxy .01 to front of ship and then make cpp do

cargoIsCoDriver[] = {1};// could be 0 not sure if this is on or off or proxy select by proxy number

memoryPointsGetInCoDriver = "pos codriver";

memoryPointsGetInCoDriverDir = "pos codriver dir";

K, well I play around with this once I get some sleep and see if I can get it to work, thanks for all the help you've given me so far. I plan to on creating a video either tomorrow or Monday for you to see what the texturing so far and some of the bugs that I've come across.

PS I hope you don't mind fps lag for I'm running with a single core AMD Athlon 64 3800+, 2gb RAM, and Nvidia Geforce 9800GT.

Here's a video that I created with your request! I have to say I'm without words with how the video turned out, there's not much fps lag like I thought there would be. ;)

@Thromp I haven't stopped working on these units For I still have to finish the airships, create the characters/aliens, mother ships, possibly building and a map. BTW I have no idea on how to create maps yet. Also how do I get a unit that I had to seperate half the body in a proxy because it has too many verticies? (Note I didn't create the unit I downloaded it for free from a website that makes 3d modles for free.)

---------- Post added at 03:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Since I yet have to learn how to create 3d charcter models. I also got ahold of some free futuristic weapons as well from the website that I hope I can get to work in game for this huge project. I also regret to inform you that this comming Monday I will be leaving for 3 weeks for AT training with my National Guard Unit, and if everything works out I should be starting college about a couple of days or a week once I get back. No worries though once I get settled in college if everything works out I'll pick back up on the project.

I've started work on some buildings for a mobile base and have come across a slight problem, I'm unable to enter the building. I open the door and when I try to walk in I'm pushed back out. I believe it's something to do with my geometry lod or fire geometry lod, if anyone has information on how to properly create these lods for a building to be enter-able, please let me know. This is the same problem I'm having with my hovercraft I've put on hold.