Sign in to follow this  
Kildar

Kildar's A2F Missions

In addition to a free bump, I just wanted to mention that with Switch and Bait v 1.35 (which I assume is the latest), I ran the mission again myself, and the guerrillas still never show up at the island. I carefully cleared the island, got the "Cleared" message, and then sat around waiting for 15+ minutes. No one ever shows up.

EDIT: Also, at the extraction point, I got there and the helicopter was there. Got into the back, and it never took off. Could be because I never was able to complete the "Kill the warlord" objective? Not sure. Other than that the mission seemed flawless.

Edited by MavericK96

Don't want to necro anything, but since Variable and Phantom have asked me to fix the bugs I left with my A2 missions, I just wanted to compile a list of outstanding issues for when I get around to it. Right now I have:

- Belly of the BMP Briefing

- Switch and Bait (I think the whole concept is perhaps more trouble than its worth)

- Make briefings JIP compatible

Has anyone tried Hedgetrimming yet?

Glad to see you'll be fixing this pack! I loved it although it was a bit buggy at times.

From what I can remember "third strike" has a problem where no matter how high you go with the cobra, you can't spot the ground's team laser marking. That forced you to get close with the cobra and be exposed to AA fire and the whole concept of the mission is lost.

I'll check our online mission list for other problems we detected.

Ok, checked our online mission list, and here are my findings:

"Hedge trimming" - it was rather buggy or the opposition was imaginary strong, I don't remember the reason, but I marked it off for one.

"Pepper spray" - first of all, great mission :), secondly, we located and cleared the Russian OP but couldn't find the intel. during the assault we fired some M203 into it, is it possible we destroyed the intel?

"Second entendre" - End triggers doesn't work.

"Third strike" - no matter how high you go with the Cobra you can't see the ground's team laser mark on the radar. This looks like an awesome mission, I would work on this first :)

"Belly of the BMP" - no briefing.

"The long haul" - heavy desync that renders the mission unplayable.

We are all looking forward to the fixed version!

Edited by Variable