Sign in to follow this  
Echo38

Any way to get rid of various icons and displays?

Even at absolute maximum difficulty, there are quite a few arcade icons and displays which seem to be unable to be removed. Some of these appear to be hard-coded--for example, the team leader icon when in a vehicle. But what about the large icon and text in the middle of the screen when selecting context menu options (e.g. take magazine)? Since the same information is also displayed on the context menu on the left side (like in old Flashpoint), the one in the middle is redundant and unnecessary--not to mention in the way. Any way to get rid of it, so that it works like old Flashpoint, with only the menu on the left--instead of the menu of the left and a copy of the current selection in the middle?

Also, and this is a really important one for realism: is there any way to get rid of the "reload" icon which pops up when you fire your last shot? On that note, how about getting rid of the ammo counter (preferably without getting rid of the magazine counter)?

Or you can install ACE mod which gets rid of some hardcoded visual stuff even at lower difficulties (that includes ammo counter and, I think, context menu icons too)

Of course it changes gameplay drastically too in a more realistic way.

Thanks. I presume these mods are incompatible with anyone who is not using them? If so, is there any way to get rid of the icons and stuff without making it incompatible with un-modded Arma?

Thanks. I presume these mods are incompatible with anyone who is not using them? If so, is there any way to get rid of the icons and stuff without making it incompatible with un-modded Arma?

The small pack i posted doesn´t make your client incompatible to others, it only replaces config entrys for icons with config entrys for nothing :D

As far as online usage goes, the server of course has to allow the key, which might be tricky. But it doesn´t break anything.

ACE on the other hand should only be used if all clients & server use the same.