Sign in to follow this  
Jaws2blood

" ARMA2_OA_Build_93965" common error, no entry ".profilePathDefault"

I have been having this problem for quite some time now, and i notice others have too. I have searched all over the internet with the help of google and youtube and can't find a single solution or even a possible explanation as to what "profilePathDefault" is. I would appreciate any possible explanations for this and a solution would be grand. Also, the Community Issue Tracker link doesn't work for me.

You seem to launch the beta wrong. How do you launch it?

Jaws2Blood, I suspect that the answer to PVPscene's question is that you are trying to use a command-line launch as per vanilla. That will not work.

Use the shortcut called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" inside the main Arma directory ( or more conveniently, copy it to your desktop).

The betas work more like addons than patches. That's why if you look at the command line in the "Properties' window (right-click on the shortcut) you'll see something like

"G:\ARMA II\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe"  -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash

Steam probably different, but it doesn't matter. Just double-click the shortcut and the beta will launch.

You can add any mods you want through the "Expansions" option on the main in-game menu.

Thank you for the info, but when i use the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" it shows the loading check marks but crashes right there and doesn't provide anything usefull like a specific error. Therefore i've tried going straight to the beta folder but that doesn't work, but at least i get an error message there.

I just got that error this morning with a dedicated server executable, try to create your own shortcut to arma2oa.exe as Orcinus shown, use quotes for paths and make it run in default ArmA directory ("Start in..."), not in the beta folder.

Edited by afp

Thanks afp! That did the trick, and it's been smooth sailing from there. Problem - solved