Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

New oxygen function with Visitor 3 (1.5.1)?

hello guys,

I just updated the wiki with the Buldozer key commandslist. This was originally hidden within in the wiki section: Editing Visitor 3, Making of simple landscape , so I simply seperated them and made them a new wiki page.

while playing around with Buldozer I noticed a new function which is set to the N key (I´ve already updated the Making of simple landscape section). It kinda generates a view filter, but I can not describe what it really is. Looks like

a FLIR Filter.

Do some of you gus knows what it is?

I already added this new key to the newly created Buldozer wiki page.

Currently I described it as FLIR Filter...

This new wiki page is also linked from the terrain editing section

regards

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

Btw: If i didnt mess up my keys, O/L also rises/lowers vertex, even more than I/K

What I also just figured is that Objects can also been lowered or raised by using Q (rais) and y (euronpean layout) for lower. For US keyboard layout it must be the z key. I updated the key command list already

hmmm, does noone have an idea what that view filter is supposed to be? Even no one of the Terrain making professionals?

N is for Oxygen bulldozer to see Night vision white hot black hot green hot etc to test textures probably .

for bulldozer controls press F1 whilst in bulldozer and there you see defaults for raising land 10 cm 1m etc etc .

remember ity all depend what EXE your using for your workflow , i`m using TOH exe so i probably have some different things , less or more .

also i use arma1 Visitor to lay roads , place one piece and then hold left shift and click someWhere else on map it wil lay road best it can , not good for precise road but hey its ok for me for long roads :).

the N key view switch IS a FLIR preview capability - mainly intended for modellers using buldozer with O2, and so it's of little interest to us terrainmakers... (I think you can switch "modes" with the F-keys in the FLIR view, by the way)...

#momo# (above) is correct... when the latest tools version was released, one of the extra enhancements was a THIRD set of keys for raising/lowering terrain... In the older version there were two height tweakers - 1m & 5m... the latest tools introduced the utterly invaluable "fine tweak" controls, which allow a raise/lower of just 20cm (I think)...

I use this a LOT!... As any experienced terrainmaker knows, theres only so much you can do outside of Visitor with an external heightmap editor... sooner or later you'll need to do a final tidy in Visitor itself... and this new control is ideal for that final road edges tidy, or tweaking the area around a house - just a little - so the ground doesn't show thru the floor... or whatever.....

I'm not sure what the default keys are for the height controls... I've rearranged my buldozer controls extensively... but in my case the important "height tweaking" ones are....

H - Turns the "vertex pointer" off/on

U/J - raise/lower by 20cm (or 10cm?)

I/K - raise/lower by 1 m

O/L - raise/lower by 5m

... that last 5m one is really an "emergency use only" control... if you're shifting a lot of landscape around to those sort of extents you should really consider doing it externally in something like Free L3DT or something.....

By default, I think a freshly installed "buldozer for Visitor" uses your in-game <yourname>.ArmA2OAProfile file (and your ArmA2OA.cfg file!), and reads the key assignments in there... this is good, since you can easily use the in-game control reassignment options to a) see what the keys are, and b) change 'em if you like...

However, sometimes you might want a different keys layout and/or different visual settings for buldozer than you use in-game, in which case its a fairly simple matter to tell Visitor/buldozer to use a separate profile file (and .cfg file) of its own instead of the main game one...

I vaguely cover how to do that in my Beginners Guide.

B

*edit* Thromp beat me to it :D....

Edited by Bushlurker