Sign in to follow this  
Dajunka

Eye for a eye scenario.

I got to tell you that the eye for a eye scenario is the best game I have ever played on any military sim/game. The AI is wicked, the tension makes you sweat and the talk that goes between your team mates had me in stitches. It took me quite a few try's before I completed it, but when I finally did I felt on top of the world.

Brilliant. ;)

Hah, I went down to this thread thinking "oh lol probably another person going to bag one of the best missions in vanilla A2" to find this.

I agree totally - I too am a big fan of this one. :) The chat at the beginning lends the team a bit of character, and the radio chatter throughout is excellent.

Kind of makes me wish the main campaign had focused upon the dirty fights between NAPA and the Chedaki.

It was like acting out a film than playing a game, it was a amazing experience. The only thing that was off about it was, when you were in third person and wave your group forward, a giant arm would pop out from your side and do a waving motion. It looked kind of comical. :)

Edited by Dajunka

This scenario is indeed my favourite one produced by BIS, I really wish there was a proper NAPA campaign...

True dat.

I think those low tier equipment missions have a very special flair which we didn't get in the asynchronous campaigns of A2 and OA.

Reminds me of those good ol' Resistance times. God I loved this campaign and CWC too.

Also agree -my favorite single player mission outta both Arma2 & OA. And yes, I think it's the low tech gear, lack of green night and well placed enemies that makes it so immersive. Took me forever to take out that armor and I jumped for joy when I finally did. :)

Taking out the armor is quite easy, you have two possible way to do it.

Way 1 Go to the west end of the town and make your way towards the southern side of the church, kill the guards at the bunker with the silenced pistol you got from one of your guys, place the charge, run back behind the church and blow it up. Finish rest of mission

way 2 clear the big warehouse at the east end of the town, you can find RPGs there, kill everything.

I like my tried-and-true method to do this mission, hasn't let me down yet.

Go see Hastrmann up near the water tower. Have your AI in file or delta and weapons tight to prevent... accidents. After you see him, position your sniper and your PK gunner in good spots with visibility to the south side of town (be sure they are screened from the BRDM, though!). Spend a minute or two with your binos to ID any patrolling or static enemies that you can see so your sniper/PK gunner can act as a BOF for you. I usually don't move them until the end of the mission, if they're in good spots.

Take your saboteur buddy and hit the big warehouse on the south edge of town. Beware the automatic rifleman lurking on the stairs looking west, and there is usually a lone AI patrolling around the warehouse who can go to ground and cause real problems (like shooting you in the back) if you aren't careful.

Once the warehouse is clear, put the saboteur on picket outside, and sneak in and grab an RPG with a couple of rounds. Be sure to keep your satchel. Then, set up an ambush for the Chedaki reinforcements on the intersection to the south. I find the best way is to set up the satchel down the dirt track a ways, then wait with drawn RPG behind one of the houses nearby. Have your supporting saboteur buddy lying in wait to back you up, but be sure to tell him to hold fire until the UAZ has gone up, at least. Detonate your satchel under the UAZ FAV, then lean out and inflict great suffering on the Ural-mounted infantry with the RPG. Be sure you've got a round or two saved up for the BRDM; if not, rearm.

It's usually gravy from here: take your saboteur buddy and move carefully north on the west side of the main N-S road. Watch out for the bloke near the sandbag emplacements if your BOF loons haven't killed him, and don't let the BRDM see you! If the profiteer isn't dead by this point, he's usually lying in front of the house just south of the BRDM, otherwise, he should have been killed by your BOF gents. Sneak up on the BRDM from the south west and put a nifty PG7 or two into it. That's usually the ballgame - grab more PGs and blow up all the Chedaki vehicles for extra props, call your BOF guys down to you, and extract at the western-most point. Voila!

There are so many ways to approach this scenario, and I think I must have tried most of them, each one plays out differently and the AI does something completely unexpected on many occasion. Even after I had completed it, I went back for another go. Defiantly a magic mission.

The AI is Dumb most of the times but it provides unique moments and great replayability