Sign in to follow this  
bilalogbilal

New - Help choosing the right game -

Hey,

Ive been watching Arma 2 with the Dayz mod and it looks freaking awesome. But than i stumbled upon arma 2 in general and it was even more awesomer, if thats even a word. My issue is choosing the right game to buy. Ive tried reading here and there, but i wanted to ask the guys who play it.

Ive got Arma 2, original already.

Arrowhead, combined and Reinforcements are all standalones from what i understand. Witch of these the the most popular? I want to play...

thank u :D

Arrowhead (OA) can be combined with your ArmA 2 to create - Combined operations

Reinforcements is standalone - OA lite with full DLC's (BAF and PMC)

So you can buy Arrowhead and if you like DLC's , then you can buy full versions from Sprocket

Hi and welcome.

As RobertH said, since you have ARMA2 already then you just need to get 'ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead' which will give you more vehicles, weapons, soldiers, missions, maps.

Install to the existing ARMA2 directory and it will become 'Combined Operations' so it will look like 1 game.

Sprocket is the best place to buy as more money goes directly to BIS.

There are 2 downloadable content packs which provide more soldier types, weapons, vehicles etc.

BAF: British Armed Forces https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-british-armed-forces

PMC: Private Military Company https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-private-military-company

These are also available together in DVD format called ARMA2:Reinforcements

You do not have to get these as there are lowres versions of everything in ARMA2:Operation Arrowhead.

Its just if you like them and want proper hires versions.

DayZ is just one of many addons you can get for ARMA made for free by talented members of the community.

Check out www.armaholic.com for news and all addon downloads.

Edited by EDcase

I also recommend you to search for some group/comunity/clan of arma2 and join it, joining random public servers its ok to spend some time, but if you want to play a bit more serious join a group, and you will have a lot of better experience(you may also look around youtube for the community that suits more your play style)

Hehe get arma 2 CO and patch it and jump in any public warfare server that you see. If you think arma 2 is awesome wait till you try Benny warfare.

Since you already have arma 2 you only need to get Operation arrowhead but please get the same version for eg. steam or others similar to what arma 2 copy you have.

If money is not a concern for you, get ArmA2: OA and ArmA2: Reinforcements.

There are four "sections" to ArmA2, if you want to put it that way.

- ArmA2, the original game. It is set in Eastern Europe, and the map (Chernarus) is a bit harder on your computer than others. The two main factions are the United States Marine Corps and Russian Army forces.

- ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead, a stand-alone DLC. It is set in a fictional country similar to Afghanistan (Takistan), very hilly and with lots of sand. The two main factions are the U.S. Army and the Takistan military, who are armed with old ex-Soviet stuff on the whole.

- ArmA2: BAF, a DLC featuring the United Kingdom's army. It is *not* standalone; you must have either ArmA2 or ArmA2: OA to play it as far as I know.

- ArmA2: PMC, a DLC featuring a group of private military contractors. It is also not standalone.

ArmA2: Combined Operations is a package of both ArmA2 and ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead. ArmA2: Reinforcements is a package of ArmA2: BAF and ArmA2: PMC.

Please note that although OA comes with low-resolution models of the BAF and PMC stuff, it's definitely worth it to get the DLC's. You get much nicer eye candy, two more campaigns, and a whole bunch of extra SP missions.

Hope this helps, and welcome to ArmA! Always nice to see new faces.