Sign in to follow this  
oxmox

Nvidia Driver 301.42 - reason for low fps

Seems like the latest Nvidia driver 301.42 has a massive impact on the performance in Iron Front. Some people did confirm that they had massive FPS problems runnin IFL44 with the latest Nvidia driver, after a change back 296.10 they had a big performance boost.

I havent notice anything at all.

Use a fps booster, maybe thats why.

FPS Boosters have nothing to do with video drivers. They aren't black magic or anything, they simply close programs and stop services that you don't need running so that the most possible CPU cycles and RAM is available for the game.

I'm gonna start by saying I have no evidence to back this up. :yay:

However,

Drivers (Nvidia anyway) have always had a massive impact on my game experience. I've had 3 different systems and have experienced more problems the better my system becomes. My previous rig seemed to be perfect for ARMA2/Iron Front.

I had a 9800GTX and used the beta drivers (191.03_desktop_win7_winvista_64bit_english_beta.exe) these drivers were amazing for me. I mean they did something to ARMA 2 that I can't explain. Since then I've upgraded to a nicer system but it still seems like I'm running everything the same. (settings wise)

Gonna try the 295.73 and see how it goes.

Gossamer: I surpose they help on FPS, thats why people dl them in the first place.

But I am no expert at all, so I just jump of here :bounce3:

I had more stable frames at v301 going from v280, but who knows. Maybe 296 is the best one. However I can tell that IF44 is more demanding in the missions than A2 or OA was... Try lowering the settings a bit. Similar to ACE I presume there is more background stuff because of the added features on the tanks and such. I get a similar performance hit in ACE needing to lower texture qualities to Normal to get the same fps I get on high in vanilla. A2CO.