Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Which assault rifle best suits you?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ June 19 2002,19:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would have chosen the G36 but because it kills with one shot to toe i don't really like to use it (too uber wink.gif ).<span id='postcolor'>

It didn't exist in 1985 and in OFP it kills with one shot in the foot. confused.gif I kinda don't think it fits in OFP. Therefore I'm going with Steyr Aug. Good sight, good sound, good firepower, etc.

In origin, I like the g36 as it was a almost recoiless gun and it had a niece crosshair with a cross in the middle, and I thought that scoped xms was not bad, but then I fell in love with styr aug. That gun is da bomb. PPol complain that it has no cross in middle, but it is more reliable as the target is never hindered from u. Steyr all the way lol

yeah, its now a toss-up for me between the XMS and the steyr. The XMS definitely gets my vote though.

The thing is, the steyr packs more punch at longer ranges, so it takes less to take down the same target, but i'm a better all-around shot with the XMS. So, while the aug takes less hits for a kill, i often end up using more ammo because the sights are less accurate. And the XMS takes more hits for a kill, but i can make those hits without wasting a bunch of ammo first.

Well, the G36 made it easy in the test so that would be my choice. But it's no fun. Therefore I choose the AK74. That weapon makes me feel very secure for some reason. I can take people out with it at ranges of 400+. It's definately my favorite. Oh yeah, the AK74 + grenade launcher is even better, but that wouldn't be fair to use in your test wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 19 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where is my mipmap settings?<span id='postcolor'>

When you right click on the destop and select properties, go to settings and click on advance. Once there go to the tab for your graphics card and there should be a button for additional properties. Once there go the the D3D tab and there should be a setting for mipmapping.

Or you could get Riva Tuner or another tweak program and change the LOD bias of your mipmaps.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 19 2002,14:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aculaud @ June 19 2002,01:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">where is my mipmap settings?<span id='postcolor'>

When you right click on the destop and select properties, go to settings and click on advance. Once there go to the tab for your graphics card and there should be a button for additional properties. Once there go the the D3D tab and there should be a setting for mipmapping.

Or you could get Riva Tuner or another tweak program and change the LOD bias of your mipmaps.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

ITS GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........................no, its better than that, ITS REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks, dayglow!

Generaly I would prefer the G36 although it's a little too powerful for it's own good. Voted for that one..

Although my greatest experience with a weapon (XMS) was in this old mission of mine where you would get cought up in an ambush just outside your homebase. You had to get back to base by foot while a large scale assault was thrown against your base.

It was a very intimate (small playarea) and disorienting mission although short.

I found the full automatic mode of the XMS to be very effective in that kind of combat (enemies poping up everywhere all the time).

Tried using the G36 and M16, I always ended up beeing overrun or surrounded by hostiles.

So the XMS would be my second favourite.

Of the official weapos te G36, I think, outperforms the rest. However I prefer MDX's SA-80. It's really quite good. Although I do miss the burts fire, quite useful over distance since you get a slightly better chance of hitting. Of course at long range one shot is more accurate. But then you want sniper.

Machine Guns are for newbies. Im gonna have to go with me trusty old M16 A2, even though Im acctually BETTER with several others they're just too easy

Well i have to go with the AK-74. I all goes back to a LAN game with a mate back on version 1.10. We where hammering away with the 16's and not hitting shit , I ran out of ammo and scored an AK , and have not put it down since.

Sure the G37 is the killer and the AUG is a handy weapon , but when the heat is on its

A to the K!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 19 2002,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have a Nvidia card? If so check what your Mipmap LOD is set at. In the regular driver preference sreen you want it set to 'best image quality' and if you use a 3rd party tuner like Riva Tuner, try the slider around -1. That should clear things up for you.

Man, i can't give you enough thanks for telling us about that program. I've downloaded it and suddenly all the corrupted textures and graphic errors i had in ofp (i suspected the cause was my shitty tnt2) have disappeared! Also the frame rate has been improved!

On topic, the g36 is the best rifle in the game, but the OICW and the g11 in the hk bonus pack are even better biggrin.gif

M-60 or the PK.

it does the job alright, never mind large group or small. just adjust your modus operendi and thats all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (scout @ June 21 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">M-60 or the PK.

it does the job alright, never mind large group or small. just adjust your modus operendi and thats all.<span id='postcolor'>

Bet you wish for a portable M-230 too huh tounge.gif

I understand the question, but I'm going to take it from a different angle. Historically, in FPS's, I just can't aim worth a damn. My choice for a favorite weapon? Well that would have to be...whatever the last guy dropped when I "capped" him. I am loathed by my team-mates and feared by the enemy because I just put "rounds down range". I am the polar opposite of a sniper. You can't use'm when your dead to let them fly right now. That being said I usually get stuck with an AK of some type.

suppressive fire rocks!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ June 20 2002,16:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Machine Guns are for newbies. Im gonna have to go with me trusty old M16 A2, even though Im acctually BETTER with several others they're just too easy<span id='postcolor'>

Really? I find the MGs in the game impossible to aim and fire. Even when you are prone the spread form the fire is huge. You would think a bipod would help give a stable weapons platform. Myself I ditch the MG if I have one at the first chance. Guess that makes the M16A2 a newbie weapon b/c it's easy to aim and fire while the MG needs more skill tounge.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ June 21 2002,06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 19 2002,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have a Nvidia card? If so check what your Mipmap LOD is set at. In the regular driver preference sreen you want it set to 'best image quality' and if you use a 3rd party tuner like Riva Tuner, try the slider around -1. That should clear things up for you.

Man, i can't give you enough thanks for telling us about that program. I've downloaded it and suddenly all the corrupted textures and graphic errors i had in ofp (i suspected the cause was my shitty tnt2) have disappeared! Also the frame rate has been improved!

On topic, the g36 is the best rifle in the game, but the OICW and the g11 in the hk bonus pack are even better  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Great program eh?

COLINMAN

HK, Repitition setting, nuff said........

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 21 2002,17:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sadico @ June 21 2002,06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 19 2002,08:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do you have a Nvidia card? If so check what your Mipmap LOD is set at. In the regular driver preference sreen you want it set to 'best image quality' and if you use a 3rd party tuner like Riva Tuner, try the slider around -1. That should clear things up for you.

On topic, the g36 is the best rifle in the game, but the OICW and the g11 in the hk bonus pack are even better  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Great program eh?

Geforce twak utility is good too. I have both. RivaTuner and GFTU. GFTU gives you more options. I recommend you download both. They're both superb programs. Those two programs made my OFP graphic at least 10 times better than before. smile.gif

You may want to change antistropy and antialiasing too if you'll get better graphic card some day. It gives you superb image quality.

Oh, and my best weapon in the game is G36, because of its scope, recoil, accuracy and everything else. I also like Steyr, but its scope is not the best.

But my second best weapon is M21. But that's not assault rifle.

I prefer the M60. I like haveing 100 rounds of fully automatic bliss. The G36 and Stery aug have one flaw, clip size. You set it on full auto and you'll use up your clip in a second or two. The M60 gives me extended fireing time to scare the hell out of my enemy and put a few in his skull.

The m60 isn't accurate at range, but in Capture the flag and deathmatch its a great weapon. And as long as you understand the kickback of your gun, you'll know where to point so that the most possible bullets land on your target.

Please don't dig up pre-historic threads.

Closing smile.gif