Sign in to follow this  
PowerMage

Rts: dynamic ctf v1.1 release is imminent!

Quaker had this issue on RTS2 as well, in fact I seem to recall that identical error, right quaker? I think there's probably an unofficial addon in there somewhere because the only time my server has crashed with those odd errors was when quaker came and played on it. smile.gif

Max, you probably crashed because of an addon that quaker has. In fact I'm almost positive. We went through this with mine and after he removed all of his addons he didn't have as many probs.

Quaker you might want to try reinstalling opflash or possibly putting in a clean Config.bin and Addons folder just to be safe. Getting a JeepHorn error msg is just very strange.

I think there must be an issue with CreateVehicle and unofficial addons. Somehow the game must mistake an addon for the real thing, but when it tries to create it and the server tries to send the info to all clients, then the server realizes that it doesn't have the addon and promptly crashes.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the only time my server has crashed with those odd errors was when quaker came and played on it.

<span id='postcolor'>

Lol  smile.gif

T55 issue:

Yep, I think I can confirm that, too. Never had this kind of crash and also haven't got any shitty addons installed. I thinks something is messing arround with your OFP if it crashes with this message. I think this DynCTF Version runs pretty stable for now. Some things I gotta fix in the big missions but should be done soon.

CU

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 25 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quaker had this issue on RTS2 as well, in fact I seem to recall that identical error, right quaker?  I think there's probably an unofficial addon in there somewhere because the only time my server has crashed with those odd errors was when quaker came and played on it. smile.gif

Max, you probably crashed because of an addon that quaker has.  In fact I'm almost positive.  We went through this with mine and after he removed all of his addons he didn't have as many probs.

Quaker you might want to try reinstalling opflash or possibly putting in a clean Config.bin and Addons folder just to be safe.  Getting a JeepHorn error msg is just very strange.

I think there must be an issue with CreateVehicle and unofficial addons.  Somehow the game must mistake an addon for the real thing, but when it tries to create it and the server tries to send the info to all clients, then the server realizes that it doesn't have the addon and promptly crashes.<span id='postcolor'>

The thing is that on RTS2 , when i build hummer or any other vehicle it dosent crash heeh smile.gif. Anyway ive dont have any unofficial add-ons and server dosent too, and it didnt crashed

Anyway good job

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KaRRiLLioN @ June 25 2002,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quaker had this issue on RTS2 as well, in fact I seem to recall that identical error, right quaker?  I think there's probably an unofficial addon in there somewhere because the only time my server has crashed with those odd errors was when quaker came and played on it. smile.gif

Max, you probably crashed because of an addon that quaker has.  In fact I'm almost positive.  We went through this with mine and after he removed all of his addons he didn't have as many probs.

Quaker you might want to try reinstalling opflash or possibly putting in a clean Config.bin and Addons folder just to be safe.  Getting a JeepHorn error msg is just very strange.

I think there must be an issue with CreateVehicle and unofficial addons.  Somehow the game must mistake an addon for the real thing, but when it tries to create it and the server tries to send the info to all clients, then the server realizes that it doesn't have the addon and promptly crashes.<span id='postcolor'>

woops I have dynamicrange(satchel soundpack)And jeephorn, its a sound!!!!! Maybe its the soundpack that does the problem

Problem fixed.If you search fro jeepHorn or for PKT you will fin that its the hummer and the T55 that is using it. And if i create a t55 it crash and it gives me an error about the PKT.

Strange becasue I dont have this error, but the other peoples do(And server does to). maybe this is because I got the soundpack that have a config for PKT and the others dosent.

I guess its satchel soundpack that is causing everything

EDIT

You remember the M240b and M2MAdeuce errors too ?

class M2MaDuce: MachineGun12_7

{

scopeWeapon=2;

scopeMagazine=2;

ammo="Bullet12_7";

sound[]= {"\DynamicRange\Weapons\maduce.ogg",10.583333,1.1};

soundContinuous=1

};

class M240b: MachineGun7_6

{

sound[]={"\DynamicRange\Weapons\M240coax.ogg",6.350000,1};

};

Excellent work tracking that down. I think we can safely say that the dynamic sound pack or whatever is the root cause of the crashes that you've had both on this map and RTS2.

The rest of your addons may have had nothing to do with it. I don't know how the soundpack works, but it would seem that it's trying to work with something and it kills the server when it does.

But the sounds are so cool sad.gif But I was told to get rid of them to play at radishville anyway...hopefully resistance will have better ones

Strange thing:

I've just gave Maximus the soundpack, he build T55 on Dynamic CTF and server crashed. Buuuttt, if other peoples build a t55 (or other unit that cause error) server didn't crashed ?!! Why ?

Because they didnt had the soundpack. I guess that when I create an unit it will check in config.cpp(dynamicrange soundpack) and it will "spawn" the unit using MY config.cpp. Satchel added new classes in his config.cpp to add new sounds that werent in OFP. Because not all the peoples have the same config.cpp, they crash and server too. But I dont ...

So i've deleted the soundpack and everything works now hehe biggrin.gif

Glad ive fixed this problem(You remember, karillion, when u asked me to move all my add-ons, i've moved dunamicrange.pbo too and ive didnt heard any sounds, thast why the pproblem was fixed).

Thanks all for your help

Cool that we solved that problem. I never had this issue since I've never installed any inofficial stuff yet.

Right now I'm working on the big maps but there are some syncronisation problems right now which I hoped to have fixed. Maybe I have forgotten to replace some scripts with new ones. As soon as it is running I'll post the first Map for Deser Island. Had a small test yesterday and it's fun. You only have 6 locations and you can also fight in coop against the enemy sides.

Stay tuned.

Does anyone know what happend to the dynamic CTF?

I played the demo and it was great but since resistance I havent heard anything about it...

I'm still alive! Also DynCTF is it, too. Couldn't continue working on a new version due to a bug that OFP Resistance introduced (that nearestObject issue). So now I'm concidering to rewrite a lot of the scripts since there are Dialogs now that will improve a lot of controling inside the game (building, etc). Stay tuned... as soons as I make progress I'll let you know.

I'm glad you're still interested in my project! Cu soon!

Just to let you know the nearestObject issue is fixed now. So it would be a waste to re do scripts.

RED

Aaah. Ok  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just to let you know the nearestObject issue is fixed now. So it would be a waste to re do scripts.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So now I'm concidering to rewrite a lot of the scripts since there are Dialogs now that will improve a lot of controling inside the game (building, etc). <span id='postcolor'>

wink.gif

Did a lot of work lately!

Dialogs are now implemented with DynamicCTF v2.0. There is an improved Execute-Engine to start scripts and share complex data with clients. Also all city related scripts only kick in if city is active (reduced amount of simultaniously running scripts). Command-Dialog now allows to call for support, transport, buy infantry and vehicles per chopper, etc etc...

New feature is an ingame Mission-Generator. Only mission available right now is an Attack-Defend Mission where random sides have to battle for a random selected town. Mission-Types like Convoy, Assasination and Hostage Rescue may follow soon. Mission-Places are marked on the map!

New implemented Marker-Engine allows scripts to optain free markers on map. This allowed me to write a cool scanner which shows enemies and friends on the map in a range of 500 meters.

Yet I have to rewrite a lot of code. The new functions of OFP allow a lot more flexibility then before. Civil-Events on the map are still a bit buggy...

If you want the map then send me an eMail to powermage@powermage.dyndns.org.

That's it for now!

CU!