Sign in to follow this  
PowerMage

Rts: dynamic ctf v1.1 release is imminent!

It's nearly done... after launch of Dynamic CTF v1.0 We've

done a complete rewrite of most scripts which make the game

faster and more efficient than ever before!

Check out the new beta-test demo -[eSp4all-DynamicCTF_a&d_v1.1]- on

http://www.planetofwar.com.

Don't forget to read the manual! It's a lot of stuff you can do

and you'll be frustrated if you don't know about it!

The new version includes 3 new special vehicles!

Now you can build a transport helicopter, mobile artilery and

flak to blow your enemy from the island!

Civil and military traffic has been improved and much more

functionality has been added to ease your conquest on one of

your favourite islands of OFP.

Check it out! It's hot! wink.gif

Also visit my official DynamicCTF forum on http://www.planetofwar.com!

Looks cool though I dont understand it completely yet  smile.gif

I love the way U place buildings  smile.gif

What I dont understand is why the timelimit is set to 50 min, but I have only tried it alone with AIs...

The map looks really cool and the only thing I would like to change is the timelimit to 2 hours or something  smile.gif .

The map starts lagging from time to time but its not often and it will pass pretty soon (only happend to me like 4 times in those 50 min and they passed within 5 secs).

Good job!

Forgot to mention, the AI is very smart nice work on that too! smile.gif

Hehe! Thanx!

Well... the lagging is because of the creation of AI-Units. Everything works dynamically. I made a Soldier-Cache to prevent this but looks like I have to tweak somewhat with the cache-flush times. This mission has a timelimmit because it's a demo and beta-test version. After things work out I'll release the full version also. Check out www.planetofwar.com for more information!

Is suggest you read the manual. As far as I know I've placed it into the same directory as the mission files. You really should read it completely... there are many many features in that mission!

Hi folks!

This URL to Dynamic CTF hast now changed to a more reliable location: Planet of War.

Also stay tuned for more featured OFP-Islands!

The only thing I cant figure out now is where you can build boats and train soldiers.

Will there be any timelimit at all on the completed version?

You can build boats at those locations where are anchors on the map. Just move on the pier and you'll see the factory menu pop up. It has no building. Everything is logicaly imbeddet with the islands in OFP. The final version will have no time limit and will cover the whole Island and the smaller ones on Malden, too. At the airport you'll also be able to build planes.

The TrainSoldiers-Option only appears in SinglePlayer mode yet. It's not implemented in this demo version for now but will be done soon. But we still recommend to play it in multiplayer mode even if you want to do a single player session.

cu soon.

Great work powermage. Ive put the map on rtoation at my squad OC3 server(205.200.157.33). We played it 2 times and peoples really enjoyed it(Someone asid it was teh best map he played for OFP).

great work powermage(as ive said before)!

hmm,

placebo it is a Multiplayer map and people should wríte their experiences and suggestions in MP section.

We will see how this thread develops. If they talk about the technical aspects of the map, its gonna stay here. If people start talking about how to beat it etc., then I guess it could be moved to Multiplayer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You can build boats at those locations where are anchors on the map. Just move on the pier and you'll see the factory menu pop up. It has no building. Everything is logicaly imbeddet with the islands in OFP. The final version will have no time limit and will cover the whole Island and the smaller ones on Malden, too. At the airport you'll also be able to build planes.

The TrainSoldiers-Option only appears in SinglePlayer mode yet. It's not implemented in this demo version for now but will be done soon. But we still recommend to play it in multiplayer mode even if you want to do a single player session.

cu soon.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ok thx.

I guess when the full version is released Im gonna have use for that laser designator biggrin.gif

Yep... I think so that Dynamic CTF was probably one of the first RTS Maps out there... I started this project in May 2001 but had some pausing due to lacking commands in the OFP-Scripting language (createUnit/createVehicle). After the patches where these commands were introduced I continued my work. So I think it's the first one.

Actually, there was 2 rts style maps before you introduced this one. KaRRiLLion's and Animals. so you are one of the 1st but not the 1st  wink.gif but I played your map and its a lot of fun but I still dont understand why u have to PAY for the full version

Edit: it works fine on LAN but not on a server.

BOOOOOOO

Pay for it?? You money grabbing stingy opprtunist pig. Did you develop the engine? Did you make the game? Did you develop the OFP script? NO. Why do you deserve money for it.

Hi there!

Some explanations and corrections:

@residuun & Hit_Sqd_Maximus: Hey! Who said I sell that

thing??? It's just on the PoW-CD and they support me with

the official DynCTF Forum, etc... that's all! I've just released

those small versions because it's better for debugging... you

progress faster and will encounter errors much faster as if

you'd fight for 10hours arround the island.

@Hit_Sqd_Maximus: I didn't say that this map was the first

RTS for sure... I said it was --->probably<--- the first one.

Which means I can't tell for sure... As far as I know Karrillions

Map first appeared in the beginning of this year. The

DynCTF-Project also hat posts here earlier this year when the

first playable versions came out. It was version 0.1 and 0.2

as far as I remember!

@all the others: I'll release a fast battle map on Desert Island

very soon... so stay tuned!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PowerMage @ June 24 2002,22:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi there!

Some explanations and corrections:

@residuun & Hit_Sqd_Maximus: Hey! Who said I sell that

thing??? It's just on the PoW-CD and they support me with

the official DynCTF Forum, etc... that's all!<span id='postcolor'>

So the final version will be available to download on the net? Not solely available on this CD?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ June 24 2002,22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pay for it??  You money grabbing stingy opprtunist pig.<span id='postcolor'>

Disagree with someone all you like, that's your right, but please don't resort to name calling on these forums smile.gif

Is it even legal to sell opflash missions on a CD? I would think that something in the licence agreement might prohibit that.

My server crashed after I've build Hummer or T55...

It game me those errors

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\OFP_SERVER.EXE

=====================================================================

Exe version: Thu Mar 14 19:37wow.gif2 2002

file: __cur_mp

world: eden

campaign:

battle:

mission:

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.PKT'.

and also Cfg.Weapons.JeepHorn

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Maloreck @ June 24 2002,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it even legal to sell opflash missions on a CD?  I would think that something in the licence agreement might prohibit that.<span id='postcolor'>

I believe it's illegal, however Opf editing centre are getting around it by giving away the cd for free when people donate $10 or whatever it is to contribute towards the bandwidth that's used by people downloading missions/addons.

I was with quaker when I got a diff error and the server crashed

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.jeephorn'

or similar to this

and i dont think you read my reply correctly, or I didnt say it right wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ June 25 2002,03:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I was with quaker when I got a diff error and the server crashed

ErrorMessage: No entry 'config.bin/CfgWeapons.jeephorn'

or similar to this

and i dont think you read my reply correctly, or I didnt say it right  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yea and this happened when we builded hummer(and the PKT error whe nmaximus builded T55)

Hmmm... that T55 Bug or JeepHorn bug never appeared on any test sessions I had... and I had a lot of them. Have you got inofficial Addons installed? Maybe that's the reason. I'll check this out as soon as possible... Haven't played Resitance very often so it could be a bug in the vehicle-arrays. Thanx for your reply!