Sign in to follow this  
cartaugrapher

Lost CD, still have serial key

I just recently lost my ARMA 2 + OA CD boxes containing both of the discs, but I still have a cached copy of both of the serial keys. is there any way I can still use these, or am I forced to buy another copy?

Contact your local publisher for replacement discs. As long as the game is installed and activated you can use them. Problems you will get when you need to install everything again cause you have no discs and probably no keys either cause they are printed on back of the manuals.

Alternatively, find your boxes. They are not that small so chances may be good you find them again.

Sorry, I should have made this more clear. I just recently went to reinstall Combined Ops after seeing Day-Z, and went to look for the box. After I couldn't find it, I checked if I still had the file I made with the serial keys, I do. All I need now is the disc, or the files to use them.

I am in the same boat as the OP. I recently went to reinstall Arma2CO cuz of all the DayZ hype, but I cant find my Arma2 disc at all, and my OA disc is heavily damaged it wont finish installing.

Other publishers and developers have replaced my physical cd keys with a digital copy. (such as EA with origin.) OA was one of the last physical games I purchased anyway. I would loooove BIS if they could exchange my legit physical cd keys for a digital download somewhere, like steam. :bounce3:

if they could exchange my legit physical cd keys for a digital download somewhere, like steam. :bounce3:

That's not something we currently offer. As W0lle mentions the only advisable option (besides buying the game again) is to contact the publisher of your retail version.