Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Animated series

One of my all time fave is G.I. Joe.  This weekend, there's this artsy fartsy festival in town where there's all these plays put on mostly by university students and other actors who can't get a real part in a ligit production.  Anyways, there's this group that's putting on this 90 minute play called COBRA THE MUSICAL.  And their write up summary of the play is this

When a ruthless terrorist organization needs money, they can only turn to one man... William Shakespeare. See Cobra Commander, Destro, Serpentor and all your favorite GI Joe villains attempt to raise funds by putting on their very own production of Hamlet. This is the story of how they fail miserably. Watch...

I dunno, not a big Bill Shakespeare fan, but I am a GIJOE fan, so I'll probably check out this play just for fun.

hahaha, this is from the web page

And now, a few words from our… umm, "fearless" leader:

Citizens of the Fringe! My name is Cobra Commander. I am the leader of Cobra. We are a ruthless terrorist organization bent on world domination (or so our press agent likes to claim). We are the arch villains of G.I. Joe. You may remember us from the popular 1980's cartoon series: G.I. Joe. Well as it turns out, we have discovered that we are broke. The only solution that we have come up with is to try to make some money by putting on the Shakespearean play: Hamlet. The good folks at Purple Nine Productions have been able to get us into the Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto Fringe Festivals. Once we have enough money, we will then take over the world…as scheduled! This will be a glorious year that the Fringe will not soon forget!!!!

COBRA!!!!!!!

PS. I am very nervous! I have never acted, sung or danced before. Please don't laugh at me when you come to see the show. And please, please leave the vegetables at home.

Thank-you

Cobra Commander

Web Page

-=Die Alive=-

1. Beavis and Butthead

2. King of the Hill

3. Ren & Stimpy

4. The Simpsons

5. Family Guy

The Last 2 seasons of the Simpsons just completly SUCK. They are out of material and just try to hard to be funny, its the kind of shit I would have laughed at when I was 9 years old. So I only watch the re-runs of the Simpsons.

"uh, beavis? uh huh huh huh,beavis, Beavis put that away. huh huh huh damn it beavis your not supposed to have your penis out when your cooking" just then the women at the drive through speaker drives away in one hell of a hurry.

i forgot about teenage mutan nija turtles, that show was awesome. I watched it every morning before school when i was a kid

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Forgot all about mission hill, yeah...that was quite a good show..<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, I don't see it that often but when I do I always enjoy it. I think that it's pretty well written, and funny of course.  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Simpsons, though their newest episodes are pretty stinky so I usually laugh a lot more to the reruns.

<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed.

It seems everyone I talk to is saying the same thing: What the Simpsons once had, it has now lost. The new shows seem to go all over the place and never stick to one topic. Combine this with the fact that they aren't nearly as witty as they used to be. I hope they kill the show off or find some better writers and some new ideas.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Assault (CAN) Posted on June 19 2002,01:11

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forgot all about mission hill, yeah...that was quite a good show..

Yeah, I don't see it that often but when I do I always enjoy it. I think that it's pretty well written, and funny of course.

the Simpsons, though their newest episodes are pretty stinky so I usually laugh a lot more to the reruns.

Agreed.

It seems everyone I talk to is saying the same thing: What the Simpsons once had, it has now lost. The new shows seem to go all over the place and never stick to one topic. Combine this with the fact that they aren't nearly as witty as they used to be. I hope they kill the show off or find some better writers and some new ideas.

Tyler <span id='postcolor'>

I couldn't agree with you more, they should kill the show off. The sadest thing is that many students at my school think that the newest episodes are the best ever.