Sign in to follow this  
Echo38

Can the cockpit icons be turned off?

I now know where the various switches and things are located (battery switch, starter, etc.), so I'm looking to make things so that the cockpit icons aren't on all the time, even when I'm not looking at them. Ideally, it would only display the action menu off to the side. Problem is, I'm running on absolute maximum realism settings, and the icons are still there. I even looked in the configuration file; I can't figure out how to turn them off. Is there a way to turn off these cockpit icons, which label all the clickable switches?

There isn't an option to turn these off I'm afraid. You might be able to do it with a replacement config of some kind, but I haven't looked specifically at that before.

I hope they add the ability to turn these off at some point because it does kind of destroy the realism.

Hi Echo38,

Yes you can do exactly what you intend!

Options

Game Options

Interface Colors

Select tab "In-Game", bellow the Menu tab

Put Alpha to 0%

Restart the game

Have fun!

_neo_

Hi Echo38,

Yes you can do exactly what you intend!

Options

Game Options

Interface Colors

Select tab "In-Game", bellow the Menu tab

Put Alpha to 0%

Restart the game

Have fun!

_neo_

does this disable them or just hide them? also what else is it likely to hide?

Dan;2181553']does this disable them or just hide them? also what else is it likely to hide?

Just hides them.

This will make all the 3D icons only appear if you are looking at them, including door actions etc.

Turned the Alpha off and it seemingly gave me a few extra frames inside the heavy and Hind.