Sign in to follow this  
dissaifer

Mentoring Program

This is such an awesome platform to create... well, anything, but it seems that there is a lack of real assistance between each other. I mean everyone learns the hard way and I think there should be some kind of mentoring program for scripting, programming, creating 3d models, etc.

That's it...

Get to know some of the developers in the community, a lot of us help each other out quite a bit on a regular basis.

This is such an awesome platform to create... well, anything, but it seems that there is a lack of real assistance between each other. I mean everyone learns the hard way and I think there should be some kind of mentoring program for scripting, programming, creating 3d models, etc.

That's it...

Not sure about now, but i know crtain individuals reached out with an open hand in the past an had like training events?classes via TS etc on various in game aspects, editing in editor/scripting etc. So don't give up hope. Theres also alot of very nice tutorials out there if ya look around at the main ArmA sites (www.Armaholic.com) would be a good place to start.

It's as simple as asking and I'm sure someone will be willing to help.

Hi, IMO the game should come with an official Commands Refference Guide; until now (since the OFP) is like hand you all the pieces of an V2 rocket but without instructions, only in an 1 or 2% of the times you gonna be able to create a working complex SP or MP mission without the instructions. Also... if you're not an scripter... forget about create any working complex mission, by luck or by miracle... that won't gonna happen. The missions editor is too complex and forces you to do too much things outside the game as for be user friendly and sume to this the fact of don't count with any official commands refference guide to put you on the right path or at least give you a vage idea of what's what, how it works and it does.

The addon/mod making thing is a different thing... now is more complex because the engines have more and bigger possibilities that also demand more resources; is like put a BMW 3.0 CSL from the 78' at the side of a DTM's BMW M6 of the 2012', a lot of things did change from the OFP to the ArmA and much more from the ArmA to the ArmA2/A2:OA, the things become more technical as the time passes by... it can be said in a single word: Evolution. Let's C ya