Sign in to follow this  
tpw

TPW HOUSELIGHTS - automatic house light addon

I try to use it but i failed , its there any new version? if not can u make a little video explain how u install it and how it works , i tryed with cheat engine it only made the scan

The download links are gone, so there's no version apparently. Can't find any mirrors or anything on google either.

First of all thanks for dont ignore my question and thanks for all u tryed to help me , now i moved or folder @TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_MP to my armas directory , then what is supose to do? also what line or script should i use to cheat engine start it? or is there any phrase? If u can make a video of tutorial would be good my youtube channel is joaofigas1 , or its more better u try to teach me .

Note: Im trying to use it on my server of dayz version 1.7.2.6

waiting for reply

Regards joao

Edited by joao

ArmA2 has no "cheat engine". This mod also don't list Chernarus as a supported island.

Chances are it wouldn't work with DayZ anyway. DayZ is not ArmA2, you should check for addon forums on the DayZ forums for addons for DayZ. :)

--

Can't get the new version to work at all actually. Even after fixing the typo in config.cpp it still appears to do nothing in 1.62 Takistan.

Edited by kylania

Ahh i know that Dayz have some code that broke the lights or they just are turned off , i thought it would work , thanks anyway

@joao - chernarus doesn't have many enterable buildings with multiple building positions, so most won't light up. A few sheds and water towers etc might get a light though.

@kylania - are you using SP or MP? SP version works fine for me, I've used it for months.

The new MP mission from the updated dropbox. It gives a Warning Message: Script TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108MP\init.sqf not found error. I unpbo'd the addon and found in config.cpp a reference to 108 instead of 1081 as in all the other stops. Fixed that, rePBO'd it, no more errors but nothing happened in game either.

I tested with Takistan and a single US Rifleman standing in the middle of Los Manara then I ran to the towns east of there. Time was 22:00 and it was dark. Normal street lamps were on everywhere.

Yeah there's something awry, both the SP and MP versions used to work perfectly, now only the SP. I've been looking into it and can't track it down immediately, so it might be something subtle. Please bear with me, and use SP in the mean time.

The new MP mission from the updated dropbox. It gives a Warning Message: Script TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108MP\init.sqf not found error. I unpbo'd the addon and found in config.cpp a reference to 108 instead of 1081 as in all the other stops. Fixed that, rePBO'd it, no more errors but nothing happened in game either.

I tested with Takistan and a single US Rifleman standing in the middle of Los Manara then I ran to the towns east of there. Time was 22:00 and it was dark. Normal street lamps were on everywhere.

Did you modify config.cpp:

clientInit = "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108MP\init.sqf'";

as follows:

clientInit = "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108[color="#FF0000"]1[/color]MP\init.sqf'";

and also changed init.sqf

nul = [_hint] execVM "\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108MP\tpw_houselights.sqf";

as follows:

nul = [_hint] execVM "\TPW_HOUSELIGHTS_108[color="#FF0000"]1[/color]MP\tpw_houselights.sqf";

I did not check yet, but believe this should work.

Edited by Ollem

The answer to the problem is here...PelleJones already provided the solution:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134139-TPW-HOUSELIGHTS-automatic-house-light-addon&p=2172613&viewfull=1#post2172613

So besides the 2 errors reported above, the tpwhouselights.sqf in 1081mp version is still missing the required "_housedistance" variable.

To fix add around e.g. line 38:

// How close player must be to a light to see it at all
_housedistance = 250;

Edited by Ollem

Hi, Im probably a being a dummy but where is the final script version? Didnt see it on first post

We did a nice mission yesterday with a bit tweaked TPW Houselights (changed light distance in script version) on Zargabad. It looks awesome! Please have a look :)

(I'm the guy that gives all the orders all the time, and is on point pretty often)