nmahcy.jpg

Lingor Godfather

- Co05

- SP (in MP modus)

Requirements:

- Lingor Island

- Fallujah Island

Short description:

You are a part of a foreign private mercenary group that is hired by wealthy individuals and organisations.

In this case you have been hired by the Lingor mafia.

The mission is situated on Lingor Island shortly after a civil war.

Due to the lack of local enforcements NATO has stationed their blue helmets on the Island to keep the peace.

The unstable situation on the Island has attracted the attention of the Russiam mafia.

They have taken the oppertunity to expand their territory and settle on the Island.

Your mission is to regain control over the Island and eliminate the Russian mafia family.

The Russian mafia has also stolen valuable suitcases from the

Lingor Mafia that you will have to retrieve and deliver to the Lingor godfather.

You start out with basic weapons (AK's), to get better weapons you will have to assault UNO checkpoints.

The checkpoins are of mixed difficulty (light, medium, heavy).

The weapons that are available at the checkpoints depends on the difficulty.

Light checkpoints only has basic weapon boxes, medium has more variety and heavy has most available weapons.

Features:

- BIS first-aid action module

- Instant respawn

- Checkpoints with medical option (build mash)

- Safe gear loadout (ammo boxes)

- Custom objective locations (Fallujah content)

- UNO road patrols

- Customized gear for mafia units

Update 1.1:

* I have added 3 cutscenes to the mission, 2 scenes at the start of the mission and 1 at the ending.

This is my first go at making cutscenes so feedback is appreciated.

* I have reworked the AI, they should be a bigger challenge now.

* edited some triggers (activation radius, timers, etcetera)

* added an ulocked SUV at insertion point with just enough fuel to reach the boats

* Added boats after the 4th objective.

All in all it should play pretty smooth now especially if you play with some mods that enhances the AI.

The .pbo size is a tat large right now due to the cutscenes, I will reduce that with the next version.

Armaholic mirror:

- Lingor Godfather Co-05 (@) v1.1

Edited by B00tsy

Just did a quick run, with added SLX and ACE, no problems so far. The only gripe I have is that I have to hike 2Ks to get to a super slow boat. Perhaps it would be wise to make the one URALs have just enough fuel for the squad to reach say within 500m of the boat, so as to save time on mission start. Or just script it so that a tyre/car suffers engine damage so that it stops working once you pass a certain marker/trigger zone (again I love milsim but I just hate the pointless hiking).

The start point is really awkward in the middle of a road. Maybe for immersion factor throw in a plane on the runway, as if the Mercs just arrived, instead of the middle of nowhere.

All that aside I really had a "blast" with this mission.

Hey thanks for trying it out and for the feedback. Yeah the beginning I am not happy with either. I think I will make a cutscene video of the intro and then make the mission start near the boats after that. The independents are set to be hostile to everyone, but playing it vanilla they don't do all that much if you don't engage them, it's indeed much better with some active mods. It's probably cos they are set in move mode cycle. I will script it to let them go in guard mode when you are in certain radius, that should improve it.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Couldn't play due to 'deleted.csj_snake' being missing. So D/L'd that, but then I got some 'jungle' error on the mission start screen. It let me proceed without it. I keep getting CTDs once I reach the otherside of the river. Maybe related to the things I appear to be missing. Though I have Lingor/Fallujah.

Couldn't play due to 'deleted.csj_snake' being missing. So D/L'd that, but then I got some 'jungle' error on the mission start screen. It let me proceed without it. I keep getting CTDs once I reach the otherside of the river. Maybe related to the things I appear to be missing. Though I have Lingor/Fallujah.

Lingor itself has a number of dependencies (the snake being one of them) - make sure that you have them all.

Lingor itself has a number of dependencies (the snake being one of them) - make sure that you have them all.

Yeah, for some reason my Lingor folder only had half the .pbos, maybe an early version or something. Redownloaded, and it works great now.

Having fun with the mission so far, some pretty tense long range engagements from villagers with sniper rifles, not to mention the

AA12 ambushers. :D

I'm playing with ACE and AI mods, but I've come across two things so far I'm not sure about. First is stopping bleeding. I can have unit 2 heal me, or heal myself at a MASH. But it doesn't appear to stop the bleeding, that's what the red character icon means, right? Also, if I'm wounded, and I switch to unit 2, and he gets killed, I'm stuck in limbo. Can't do anything but alt tab, and quit the game.

Anyway, loving it, thanks a lot.

Yeah, for some reason my Lingor folder only had half the .pbos, maybe an early version or something. Redownloaded, and it works great now.

Having fun with the mission so far, some pretty tense long range engagements from villagers with sniper rifles, not to mention the

AA12 ambushers. :D

I'm playing with ACE and AI mods, but I've come across two things so far I'm not sure about. First is stopping bleeding. I can have unit 2 heal me, or heal myself at a MASH. But it doesn't appear to stop the bleeding, that's what the red character icon means, right? Also, if I'm wounded, and I switch to unit 2, and he gets killed, I'm stuck in limbo. Can't do anything but alt tab, and quit the game.

Anyway, loving it, thanks a lot.

Glad you're liking it so far mate. The first-aid module should let a team unit automatically try to heal you up to the point you can walk again (Nr2 will automatically take command and order a unit to heal you). He will not fully heal you so your aiming will be shaky, only at a mash you can heal you and your team units back to 100%. If you see a red * then it means you (or a team unit) are to hurt to walk and shoot and can only hope a team unit will rescue and heal you.

Are you playing it in MP mode? For me the first aid system is working fine in MP.

Playing in SP. I appear to be OK, I can run/walk/etc, but my character icon is completely red, and I occasionally make wounded sounds. Maybe just a bug on my end.

Playing in SP. I appear to be OK, I can run/walk/etc, but my character icon is completely red, and I occasionally make wounded sounds. Maybe just a bug on my end.

Yeah probably cos it is working fine at my end. That you make "ugh" sounds after being healed by a team unit or yourself is normal, as you can't heal fully without a mash.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I have listened to the given feedback (thank you) and have updated the mission. Still some stuff I want to add and improve, but I it is a lot better then the first version. I personally like the ending a lot :P

Update 1.1:

* I have added 3 cutscenes to the mission, 2 scenes at the start of the mission and 1 at the ending.

This is my first go at making cutscenes so feedback is appreciated.

* I have reworked the AI, they should be a bigger challenge now.

* edited some triggers (activation radius, timers, etcetera)

* added an ulocked SUV at insertion point with just enough fuel to reach the boats

* Added boats after the 4th objective.

All in all it should play pretty smooth now especially if you play with some mods that enhances the AI.

The .pbo size is a tat large right now due to the cutscenes, I will reduce that with the next version.

Edited by B00tsy

Finally beat it. Really entertaining mission!

Each suitcase location posed a different tactical problem, and the UN patrols surprised me quite a bit. I also liked the positioning of the UN bases, having to decide whether to risk getting better weapons, or in one case just speeding past when a UN BMP popped up. Worked very well with ACE and a few other mods, probably made it harder than it actually was, but it was still a blast.

Thanks a lot for all the work.

btw, there were some odd fires near suitcase 2 and 3, helicopter crashes?

arma2OA2012-05-1304-54-50-69.jpg

Glad you liked it! Yeah I definitely recommend using some mods or at least an AI enhancer, pure vanilla it can be on the easy side.

Not sure what happened on the pic, it's possible one of the ambient planes or choppers crashed or was shot down. :)

At the moment both the Russian mafia and UNO troops are independents that are hostile to everyone so it's even possible UNO troops engaged the mafia.

With the next update the Mafia will be bluefor units and only UNO will be independents.

Hard to find time to create an update with my new DayZ addiction :P