Sign in to follow this  
Guy LeDouche

Voice-Over talking stopped working and Battleye problem

1. All weekend I have been talking with the VON just fine. I decided to download ACE through Six Updater, and it downloaded ACRE and Jayarmalib along with it. I noticed right after this happened, my VON stopped working completely. I have tried multiple servers, and no one can hear me talking. I did Google searches and tried numerous different solutions, and none of them worked. Here's what I all did:

- Disabled Jayarmalib

- Uninstalled Jayarmalib (deleted folder and the dsound.dll file in the main directory)

- Ran my shortcut without any mods/addons starting up (only had " -nosplash -world=empty ")

- Checked my sound settings through Windows 7.

• The mic is the default device
  • The mic is functional (I see the volume bar moving when I talk into it)
  • I tested the mic in Teamspeak and Windows 7's Recording tool. Both worked 100%

- Checked the audio settings in ARMA 2. VON and Microphone were turned up.

- Deleted every ACE and ACRE folder (uninstalled)

- Uninstalled Teamspeak 3 (to troubleshoot if the ACRE plugin for it would have been a cause)

- Deleted the profiles and settings out of the "Documents" folder

- Deleted any ARMA and/or Bohemia Interactive folders inside C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\*My Name*\AppData

None of that worked, so I finally decided to uninstall and reinstall ARMA 2, OA, and the PMC DLC. The first time I did this, I retained all the user missions and whatever else it holds on to. After I reinstalled, the problem still persisted. So I uninstalled again, and this time deleted all user missions, saved games, etc. After this second install, the problem is STILL not fixed!

So can anyone shed some light on this? I've spent hours trying to figure it out and yet nothing has worked so far.

EDIT: The Battleye problem has been fixed.

Edited by Guy LeDouche

I seem to reacall something similar after d/l ing six updater some time ago (and previous versions ago). I don't know the technicalities, but my problem was caused by Jayarmalib. It has left something in your registry. Google it and you will find a way to get rid (if it was the same prob as me of course). I haven't chanced six updater in a while now as I am not techie minded enough to sort these occasional anomalies

Thank you for the response. Yeah, that thought ran through my mind today. I was wondering what else could cause it to remain on my system after two reinstalls, and it hit me: the registry. I will give that a shot.

Ughhhhh!!! Three reinstalls later, and this problem STILL isn't fixed! I deleted any and I swear every Bohemia Interactive/ARMA 2 registry entry that I could find. I spent like, a half an hour going through everything in my registry, and yet the problem still is not fixed. WTF IS GOING ON?! Someone help me! This doesn't make any goddamn sense!

hm did you delete the arma2oa.cfg yet?

make sure your system recording device is set to the correct default device.

win 7: right click the speaker icon in system tray (next to clock) select Recording Devices

right click on the sound device your mic is connected to and make sure you have it set to Default Device (youll see a green tick)

05.01.2012-19.36.58.png

PvPscene,

Yes, I deleted every file and every folder of Bohemia Interactive/ARMA 2.

McSpeed,

- Checked my sound settings through Windows 7.

• The mic is the default device
  • The mic is functional (I see the volume bar moving when I talk into it)
  • I tested the mic in Teamspeak and Windows 7's Recording tool. Both worked 100%

I did that already.

One new bit of information I was told is that people in the server don't even see me ATTEMPTING to talk. What I mean, is that when I press Capslock and speak, they don't even see my name come up in the left-hand corner of the screen, even though I can. All my radio sounds and commands transmit just fine. It's just the VON that does not work.

No, I downloaded them (A2, OA, PMC) from Bohemia's store.

There are a few more things I noticed today:

1. In a server I played in earlier, I couldn't hear or see anyone talking (as in their name showing up when they speak) in the server even though everyone else could.

2. I redownloaded ACE, ACRE, etc., and I'm almost positive that this now might be an ACRE issue, because I noticed how it completely changes the VON function. I assume if somehow an ACRE file remained on my PC this whole time (from the first installation;before the three reinstalls), any servers without the feature would simply not see or hear anything I am doing.

However, since I rigorously searched and deleted every folder (in Program Files, Documents, etc.) and Bohemia/ARMA 2 registry file, I wonder if it has something to do with the dsound.dll file that Jayarma2lib includes? I know it resides in the ARMA 2 directory, but there's also a dsound.dll file in my System32 folder (I didn't put it there, but maybe Six Updater did...?). Is this the same one? It does not let me move it, zip it, delete it, nothing. It won't even give me any kind of permissions so I can attempt any of those.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Guy LeDouche

The dsound.dll file in System32 is the official dsound.dll by Microsoft. Six Updater doesn't touch it.

Instead you could try disabling acre/jayarma2lib, and removing dsound.dll from your game folder, but I doubt it interfeirs with VON.

So...there's good news and bad news:

The good news is that my VON is magically working again. The bad news is that I know it's because I reinstalled ACRE and Jayarma2lib. So there is something on my computer that is DEPENDENT on ACRE/Jayarma2lib in order for my VON to work, even if neither mod is being used. I am 100% certain because reinstalling the two mods is the only thing I did and it suddenly worked again. It sucks because if I ever want to uninstall them, then my VON will stop working again.

EDIT: So actually, it looks like I need TEAMSPEAK up and running for the in-game VON to work. I went into a server without it, and I couldn't speak. The moment I opened up Teamspeak, the VON started working again. I think this has something to do with ACRE and the TS3 plugin. Somehow the VON is dependent on it.

Edited by Guy LeDouche

weird :D