Sign in to follow this  
Feint

Micro Air Vehicle Addon

Nice!

I've got another question... In your video, the UAV seems to be on a pick up truck... Is it possible to put on a vehicule?

By the way, I've added the ability to pick up and drop the Raven. I figured once you picked it up to launch it, there might come a situation where you might not want to deploy it anymore. So I just added an addaction to drop it. And I tested dropping it into the back of a pickup and it works pretty well. It stays in the back of the pickup as long as you don't drive too fast. If you go too fast or drive really crazy with sharp turns, it can fall out of the back.

I also changed the distance at which it turns off its engine and falls to the ground. It was 10 meters, but not it's 14. I like it better. Now if you are on a roof, there's a chance it can land on the roof with you (or at least hit the wall of the building and fall to the ground--rather than going inside the building never to be retrieved).

I also changed around the display so that it works in many different screen resolutions with font sizes that scale depending on your screen resolution and aspect ratio. Hmm. What else? I tried to add a front camera, but it didn't work. So I gave up on it because it just adds complication to something that's working pretty well at the moment.

Oh, I also found that in urban environments, sometimes it would land in an alley or on the other side of a building and during the day, it was hard to find. So I added a locator beep that sounds every 2 seconds along with the strobe. So you should be able to find it now a bit more easily.

I removed the minimap when I made my own display. Not sure how to implement a minimap so I'm skipping it for now.

Baraka made a new and improved monitor (GCS) model with new textures which I also enhanced with some details. All of the parts have collision so they can be kicked around on the ground. I changed their scope so you can't see them in the editor. But if you guys want, I can change it back so that you can play with the wings and nose cone and other parts if you want. Let me know.

cool !

but if we cant see them in the editor how are we supposed to place them for use ?? i mean it would look cool having a table with the kit on it standing in a hangar right ?

keep up the good work i cant wait to use it :)

cool !

i mean it would look cool having a table with the kit on it standing in a hangar right ?

I feel the same way. :)

QUICK UPDATE: RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RQ-11_LOGO.png