Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

First Aid question with the Modules

Found a few bits on this on the forums. Just one bit mission though!

I got a troopy that I want to end up as a casualty. That's fine if he gets shot, but if I setdamage 0.9 he don't act as though he's in clip (simulation). Anyway I can force him to roll about once we hit a trigger?

Makes it a bit more interesting trying to drag someone out while in contact eh.

Try it with below code in the onActivation line of the trigger:

unitname setUnconscious true; unitname setDamage 0.7;

That's how I did it once with a pilot you have to find.

yeah that works. Another one though. He's now rolling about. I've only got one option to do first aid. Can I disable it so I can't do first aid on him, but only carry or drag? Carry or drag not showing for some reason.

yeah that works. Another one though. He's now rolling about. I've only got one option to do first aid. Can I disable it so I can't do first aid on him, but only carry or drag? Carry or drag not showing for some reason.

You would need to get rid of 2 of the 3 modules and use only the 'First Aid: Battlefield Clearance' or do your own drag/carry script for that I think? Not sure if there is a command to temporarily disable them inserted with setInit and processInitCommands?

The problem with getting rid of the other two modules is I then don't get the guy rolling around on the floor.

Only other thing I can think of is not syncing them to the player, only the AI. Not sure, never tried it myself.

There's got to be a simple solution to it. Hopefully someone else can shed some sort of light on it.

EDITED: ok, I've got the drag working, can't get rid of the first aid option though.

Update: I found this; It doesn't seem to help me that much though.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?82597-First-aid-thing-can-I-disable-quot-First-Aid-quot-while-keeping-quot-Drag-quot&highlight=aid

I used the;

_x setVariable ["BIS_FA_healer",false,true]; //_x is first-aiding somebody
_x setVariable ["BIS_FA_healEnabled",true,true]; //option to heal - gives action, prevents fast healer.sqf reexecute (see end of healer.sqf)

This works to an extent. Problem I have now is you still have to option to 'First Aid'. This breaks the option to carry if you use it. Need this disabled in the menu if possible?

Edited by TheTrooper
Latest updatesince post

Guys, this is the option I want to simply remove from the menu; First Aid

medivac.jpg