Sign in to follow this  
Craig_VG

Is it possible to set a unit's texture to its wound texture?

I would like to be able to set the textures of zombies to each unit's respective wound texture, because...well... they already died.

What I have done so far is:

_zombie setObjectTexture [0,"\CA\characters_E\civil\Tak_civil01\Data\w1_tak_civil01_mc.paa"]

What this does is it removes the original texture and puts that one over top. That leaves the unit looking like:

zombiepic.jpg

Hooray for forum rescaling...

What I want is to do it like the game does. To put the wound texture on top of the original texture.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Craig

Hi there. The wound texture is a special texture, called a macro texture (MC). This is applied over top of the existing model texture by the engine. If you study the MC texture you will note the majority of it is an Alpha'd, with a red background.

You could change the wound texture configuration in the config so the healthy state is actually using the normal wound texture, but this would require you to make and distribute an addon.

An alternative would be to either simply setdamage "0.8" the unit (activating the damage texture) and then disable simulation on it. Or you could make your own texture with the MC as an overlay on the original diffuse texture.