Sign in to follow this  
Whyte_Out

Bending/Broken Models?

I have finally got models in game, and textures on them with few errors. When moved into certain positions they contort into these weird angles show below. Any answers on how to fix this? Thanks in advance :D

Problems.png

New size.

Edited by Whyte_Out

Just to get this out of the way, Whyte_Out

Your image is too large, even when resized. The maximum image size on this forum is 100kb. Since we are all getting used to this new forum software, if you agree to resize it, I'll stay any administrative action you may have accrued.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

And now on to the reason I'm here.

It looks like you need to adjust your vertex weighting, probably manually. Rigging is pretty finicky. I wonder if there's a tutorial for you...

It's either that or maybe your skeleton is not defined properly.

Ok, I will resize it now. And yea, do you know any tutorials where I can learn how to do this? I know how to weigh if thats what your saying, just way the object?

Weighting is assigning relative amounts of named selections to vertexes. It's tricky to do. It's not trick to assign weights, really, but it's tricky to get them looking proper. I do not know if there is a tutorial for weighting. You can use the search functions as well as I can :)

I think there is a tutorial somewhere around here about that, I think StalkerGB made it but I can't find it anywhere...I am still looking.

This isn't a weighing issue, you're using Johannes' SF models which are weighed just fine. I had this issue when I first started modding in ArmA2 before the example models were released. The problem exists in the Geometry LOD, since your model is using the old version from ArmA1, it's causing these issues with the new ArmA2 animations. Before you ask how I know this, these appear to be Johannes' base SF models from ArmA1 that he released a few months ago. So with that being said you need to update the Memory, Geometry, and Fire Geometry LODS with the new ones from the example models. The best way of doing this is by downloading the ArmA2 example models, then opening the soldier.p3d file that it has inside it. Simultaneously open your soldier model that you are having this issue with, and replace the LODS I said earlier (Memory, Geometry, and Fire Geometry) with the ones from the example soldier.p3d file. That should fix your issue. Hope this helped.

Where are these arma2 example models? Are you referring to the ones that come with the A-10 and all those other models?

Well it worked...

Problems-1.png

But now...This happens in first person view and you can't see the gun or anything..

DangerZone.png

now what? :D The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the Pilot View..cause everything else works great, except this part.

---------- Post added at 04:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 AM ----------

Fixed: :D:rolleyes:I was right, it was the view pilot.

New problem when I assigned them to a soldier their faces turned like a bright orange? any reasons why this happens?

The problem you just posted regarding the faces, you need to delete the old head in LOD 1.000 and replace it with the bysta proxy in the new sample models.

ok, do I just replace the head in LOD 1 or for all of them? Actually, I did that and they are still orange I think it has something to do with the config.cpp. everything was fine until I assigned them to inherit US Army soldiers now they are Orange faces...

Config.cpp:

#define true 1

#define false 0

class CfgPatches {

class BINK_soldier_p3d {

units[] = {"bink_test_soldier"};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.0;

requiredAddons[] = {};

};

};

class CfgVehicleClasses {

class BINK_Test_Soldier {

displayName = "Task Force 313";

};

};

class CfgVehicles {

class All {};

class AllVehicles : All {};

class Land : AllVehicles {};

class US_Soldier_Marksman_EP1;

class TF_DesignatedMarksman : US_Soldier_Marksman_EP1 {

vehicleClass = "BINK_Test_Soldier";

displayName = "18B-Weapons Sergeant";

model = "\TF_DesignatedMarksman\TF_DesignatedMarksman.p3d";

class Wounds {

tex[] = {};

mat[] = {"ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds.rvmat", "ca\characters\heads\male\defaulthead\data\hhl_wounds2.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound1.rvmat", "soldier_p3d\data\us_soldier_body_wound2.rvmat"};

};

};

};

---------- Post added at 12:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Fixed: it was the LODS, thank you Binkowski :)

The head proxy makes it so different people have different heads. There is a point where you the soldier is far enough away that you can't recognize differences in heads anymore. At that point, I think just having a simple head model on your soldier gives better performance. For instance, if you have the head as part of your model in the last two or three LODs. For l33ted up SF dudes, you're not having a whole phalanx of these people running around, so I doubt it's a huge deal.

I agree. I got everything working great, but now there hands glow, and I can't figure out how to fix it. Obviously its because of LOD overriding the model, causing this...they basically glow in the dark only like two out of the 6. and its the guys that have rolled up sleeves. In he first LOD should I just leave the Arms of the model on the LOD, or delete them?

If you delete their arms I think theyw on't have arms anymore. I think you're experiencing a problem with the rvmat for the arms.

ok, problem solved lol. I think it is funny how I come here to answer my own problems but I figured I would post how I solved my problem for future cases for other people.

Basically the problem was:

• Soldiers were Glowing Orange in game
  • Two sets of hands were overriding eachother, thus causing problem above.

Solution:

• Delete any duplicates of hands and Head
  • Make sure you have only one set of Head/Hands

No, in two diff. LODS I had two sets of hands, and in another LOD I had 2 Bystas. Once removed the glowing bodies went away.

Also, found out even after you deleted those they would still glow orange in parts on arms, and neck area. The same idea still applies, but you also need to go through each one of the LOD's and delete what is called "Osobnost". This is the final thing that fixes the glowing segments after a huge amount of different tests. So that will solve the glowing problem for future reference.