Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

Was there ever an alternative to ww2?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think that Hitler was a genius,<span id='postcolor'>

But he had crappy hairstyle. You can't win with a crappy hairstyle.

No, the reason why he failed was because he hadnt reached to harvest the PERFECT ARIAN at this time. You know there was still too much racial crossover in his soldiers. That is why he failed. If he would have waited a few years for his blond 1.80m over-soldiers he would have screwed every country biggrin.gif

(At this time women were forced to become german birth-factories)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 12 2002,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm 1,80m and blond, thus I'm perfect. Nice having factual proof  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but you are a fake blond and you were born with both sexes. This is not what I meant! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ June 12 2002,17:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 12 2002,16:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm 1,80m and blond, thus I'm perfect. Nice having factual proof  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah but you are a fake blond and you were born with both sexes. This is not what I meant!  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL hahaha! biggrin.gif

eh..

How did you know? tounge.gif

The reason the war started was because Britain and France declared war on Germany for attacking Poland. Hitler was just reclaiming land that was taken from Germany at the end of ww1. Hitler did not go looking for a war with the west but they came looking for one and hesitated in the most foolish of ways, waiting untill German troops were ready along the border then outflanking the defensive Magnet Line(misspelled probably).

Hitlers enemy was Communism so an alliance between Germany and USSR? confused.gif USSR would have attacked Germany in about 1944 some time, their army was not ready which is why Germany had easy victories in the beginning of the invasion. The Fins beat the Soviets back before then when they attacked in 1940 I think it was not sure on year.

Attacking Russia was the big mistake. And someone said they could have won in Russia if they had MOST of their units there. I think over %70-%75 of Hitlers forces were in Russia, I'v read about it and seen it in documentries. Another thing that lost Hitler the war was Japan attacking US, now if Japan had done what Hitler asked then they would have attacked USSR and the Red Army would have been smashed and that would be the end of it, but I guess Japan had every right to attack US because they cut Japans oil flow, all over the war in China.

Hitler did screw his own army over. He sat in his HQ safe all them miles away from the front lines with a map TELLING is officers how he wanted his troops to move and attack, all this and he didn't go to the front to see what it was really like. He believed he knew all but this was a big mistake.

As for a different alternative if the west had stayed out of it Hitler would have destroyed communism and doing this would have done the west a faver. Only problem here is the Final Solution with the SS and so called "sub humans" in the East. I don't think the west would have accepted this IF it was found out.

Or... Hitler might have turned on the west after the East and said what the hell take them out while the going is good. Who knows.

But the war was unavoidable. It was going to happen in some form, by form I mean either between Germany and USSR or like it did happen with most nations seeking war.

I think I'll leave it at that. Has anyone seen the movie or read the book Fatherland? A story of how Europe MIGHT be if Germany was still there in the 60s. Hitler still alive and all.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hitler did not go looking for a war with the west but they came looking for one<span id='postcolor'>

Britain appeased Germany right up until Munich, 1933-1938. We gave away Czechoslovakia to gain time in 38-39 to re arm.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WW2 would've happened no matter what!!! <span id='postcolor'>

Not if Stressmann were in Hitlers place, he wanted to make Germany great again and get rid of the Treaty of Versailles. But his method was diplomacy and negotiation, eg Locarno Treaty. Hitlers method was the threat and use of force.

I would just like to say that the FW190A8 flies different from the FW190A4 and FW190A5. I assume this is due to the extra guns and armor. However, the guns and extra mass make the FW190A8 one of the best "Boom & Zoom" aircraft in the game. I have trouble booming and zooming though, so I'll practice.

Thank you for your time.

I just went shopping in the local supermarket and among other things I bought some nice eggs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ June 12 2002,18:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hitlers enemy was Communism<span id='postcolor'>

And here I was thinking his enemy were the Jews, would hate to have seen what he'd do to people he didn't like smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Has anyone seen the movie or read the book Fatherland? <span id='postcolor'>

Yup I have, I think it makes for an interesting premise, but I felt that movie (haven't read the book) was far too weak in it's portrayal, I would imagine a post WW2 winning Germany to be a much darker society than the one shown.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ June 13 2002,19:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would imagine a post WW2 winning Germany to be a much darker society than the one shown.<span id='postcolor'>

If germany won WW2 I'm sure there would have gone democracy in it sooner or later - after getting rid of all the people Hitler didn't like and him dying of age. Many of his generals where much more liberal in mind.

If someone had killed Hitler before he started micromanaging the war, or maybe even before Barbarossa, could Germany have won?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (arkadeyevich @ June 13 2002,23:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone had killed Hitler before he started micromanaging the war, or maybe even before Barbarossa, could Germany have won?<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think so. The resources did not meet the need, really

If Hitler had died, someone would perhaps have stepped ni and taken over. And then the war would be completely different.

But, wars don't happen for nothing, and al the factors that lead to the war, would probably have done so at any rate.

Or the complete downfall and dissolve of Germany into several smaller states.

Imagine having a country named Niedersachsen, Rheinland-Pfalz or Mecklenburg-Vorpommern biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hilandor @ June 11 2002,14:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yes it could have all been different    just think   if USA had started war and succeded  we could all be seeing  Mcdonalds on the corner of every street on the planet<span id='postcolor'>

there already is a mcdonalds on every street corner, when i was in austrailia i saw 7, yes 7 mcdonalds on the way from the airport to my cousin's house. And it was about a 20 minute drive.

But if there was no hitler, then wwII probably wouldnt have taken place, and then there probably wouldnt have been a cold war, and as a result, there would have been no space race, and we wouldnt be where we are in space today. so in a way, it was kind of good that hitler lived.

What you're saying is that millions died, so we could go to space?

That's nonsense.

You can't think like that.

yea your probably right but still, we probably wouldnt be in space for at least another 50 years, and in the long run that could be bad.

war had been a major factor in the evolution of technology. here are some technologies that owe their development to the WWII:

Radar, trauma medicine, helicopters, jet engine, nuclear energy,sonar, Rockets.

not to mention the economic prosperity that the USA had after the war.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ June 13 2002,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You fly IL2 aswell Aaron ?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Indeed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ June 13 2002,20:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would just like to say that the FW190A8 flies different from the FW190A4 and FW190A5.  I assume this is due to the extra guns and armor.  However, the guns and extra mass make the FW190A8 one of the best "Boom & Zoom" aircraft in the game.  I have trouble booming and zooming though, so I'll practice.

Thank you for your time.<span id='postcolor'>

I found all FW-190´s climbing and rolling like dogs, even after 1.1.

Too much energy drain in almost all maneuvers, slow acceleration while getting outclimbed/outdived regulary by almost any russian Fighter A/C.

Maybe i need more practise, but also likely the FM is wrong.

How about overpopulation?  There'd surely be a big problem right now had we not had WW2 (and WW1).  I wonder if anyone has calculated estimated populations if all those people had lived.  I'm sure it would be enlightening.

First of all -most of the technologies developed during wartime would still have been developed it would just have taken longer (maybe a decade or two for some of the less important ones)

Still i think the world would have a roughly similar tech-level ,

probably somewhat higher in a non WW2 universe

there'd be more cooperation/exchange between international scientists before the 1950s

(and who knows how many Albert Einsteins died in WW2)

Europe would not have to be rebuilt, so European cultures could thrive comparable to 1950s USA

the 50s would be more fun so the 1960s would have been different

the 60s might have happened in the 50s and so on down history

the USA would be comparably less powerful . The European Imperial powers would exert more power and influence

though they would still have shed their empires (some perhaps decades later)

There may have been large Vietnam style wars in which certain powers tried to hold on to colonies (namely France and perhaps Holland(Belgium?)

the USSR might have invaded Germany (and others)

and it mights still exist in the non WW2 existance

then again without the glorified struggle (and population control) of WW2 it might have fallen sooner.....

The world overall would possibly be more prosperous but European countries would be less diverse (no demand for post WW2 foreign labour forces)

then again there may have been a 'hot' part of the Cold War sometime in the early 1950s perhaps (like C&C Red Alert smile.gif )

feminism , US civil rights movement ,peacenik movement, etc may have developed later (and to a lesser extent)

people would have to go all the way back to WW1 to remember the horrors or war so 1940s+ armed violence would be less frowned upon especially in Europe

The USSR may have got the nuke first (if it took a non Hitler Germany+scientists)

Then again the USSR would probably have invaded Poland between say 1940-50 thus provoking the wrath of the UK/France (and Germany)

and the politicians would likely make a UK/France/German pact against Russias invasion of Poland

(even Churchill would be receptive to a UK German alliance with Hitlers militarism removed)

The USSR would fare badly if the west launched a counter-attack, but they might not do so....perhaps Neville Chamberlain would go for 'peace in our time' with Stalin ...And get it!

(in which case the cold war would slowly come to pass)

Then again Stalin might then invade Germany which would trigger the 'hot cold war' (and military defeat for the USSR)

the cold war would start a decade early with a bloodbath ,the rest being roughly similar (perhaps- i might modify that later because the USSR might not get the nuke by the 50s)

Churchill might still come to power- he was the one of the first public figures to predict the cold war (right after WW2) and invented the term 'Iron Curtain'...