Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Call to Glory - Reloaded (SP/Co06) Spec-Ops

Call to Glory - Reloaded

Map: Takistan

Coop 6 & SP

call_to_reloaded.jpg

I finally had some time to create a sequel to the original Call to Glory mission!

The original mission was a very heavy mission with custom sounds etcetera which causes loading issues for some players.

I have now created a new version from scratch without all the things that made it so heavy to run and made it more fun and challenging.

The mission:

Your team is being send out to locate and clear all militia controlled villages within the AO.

In total there are 18 villages that you will need to sweep, but only 8 of them are occupied by militia forces.

All villages have to be approached carefully as you do not know which village is friendly or not.

Besides the main objective the mission contains some surprises and twists that will make things more challenging and interesting (not spoiling it).

The militia villages are of mixed difficulty. You may encounter villages with just some men with AK's, but some villages also has static defenses and cars.

The militia will be patrolling the streets, standing on the lookout on rooftops and they will occupy the houses and use them for cover. The mission does not contain storyline dialogs (besides a few essential moments), just 100% gameplay.

Features:

- wound healing (x3)

- instant respawn (60secs)

- garbage collecting

- radio support (team leader)

- civil traffic

- rearm points

- parajump (@ insertion point) for the late joiners

- BIS environment effects

- surprises

- auto save in SP mode

Tips:

To get a green light in a friendly village you only need to be in the village center. You will then receive the location of the next village.

To get a green light in a militia controlled village you will have to eliminate all the militia within the village.

If you have trouble finding the last militia men then check inside the buildings and the border of the village (200 meter radius max)

SP mode can be played as MP (so your AI team will respawn)

Update V1.1:

Notice: the pbo file name is missinng ".takistan" at the end. You need to add that to the name otherwise it will not show up in the mission list.

- Fixed gear saving at ammo boxes

- Added delay to garbage collecting (deleting dead bodies)

- Fixed radio support for team leader

- Added all support vehicles (press 5,1) with dynamic map markers (may take some time to arrive except med-evac chopper)

- Reduced size of the Pbo (only 450Kb now)

- Reworked 2 militia villages

- Updated rearm points

- Added BAF weapons

- Tweaked the 'surprises'

Should be pretty smooth now :)

Armaholic mirror (1.1):

- Call to Glory - Reloaded Co-06

A player impression:

Edited by B00tsy
updated dl link

Bootsy,

I tried your mission in SP mode. I only had time for one peacefull village and two hostile ones. I like the idea of the mission and I will play it again.

One thing I find strange is that dead bodies vanish instantly. Probably this is done on purpose for performance reasons but it kills the immersion a bit. If I may make a sugggestion, could you keep the dead bodies until the player has reached the next village?

Hi really enjoying this so far in sp,only 2 problems at the moment i am the leader and the medic got killed tried the bandages for myself was ok i think but decided to change over as my last guys were red,tried their bandages and it wont do them any good,back to team leader and tried radio support pressed it and then it dissapeared so we are all crawling now got into a vehicle have made it to 5 villages but to red to continue maybe at ammo dump a medic tent? Thanks Bootsy and great so far.

Ps:what was in radio support?

Bootsy,

I tried your mission in SP mode. I only had time for one peacefull village and two hostile ones. I like the idea of the mission and I will play it again.

One thing I find strange is that dead bodies vanish instantly. Probably this is done on purpose for performance reasons but it kills the immersion a bit. If I may make a sugggestion, could you keep the dead bodies until the player has reached the next village?

Thanks for giving it a go and providing feedback!

Yeah when all opfor is killed in the village it automatically removes all the bodies, I will change the timer to 5 minutes delay, by that time you are already at the next village :)

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hi really enjoying this so far in sp,only 2 problems at the moment i am the leader and the medic got killed tried the bandages for myself was ok i think but decided to change over as my last guys were red,tried their bandages and it wont do them any good,back to team leader and tried radio support pressed it and then it dissapeared so we are all crawling now got into a vehicle have made it to 5 villages but to red to continue maybe at ammo dump a medic tent? Thanks Bootsy and great so far.

Ps:what was in radio support?

Thanks for testing the mission!

If you play it as SP it is best to keep your medic on the background as it is vital to keep him alive :) (let him protect your transport for example). You can also do SP in mutliplayer mode so that all your AI team mates will respawn (though you can't customize the gear then). I will have an other look at the bandages, it was supposed to work for all team members, maybe I messed that up. I noticed now too that the radio is not working properly. It's not vital though, I added 1x arti support to the radio channel, but using arti is cheating anyway lol. I will add a med-evac chopper to the game that can be called in through the normal support command, that will be handy for SP mode.

I also noticed myself that gear saving at ammo boxes is not working (forgot to add something) either. For the moment in MP mode you can retake the gear from your previous dead body.

I will update the mission soon!

Updated the mission. It should be quite some fun now :)

Also want to thank you for this mission. We are using it in our coop-team for training intelligence and engage operations. So i have edited your mission in some details like ACE-Support and BW-units. But at least there is one big wish open and i think you would not like me for expressing it ;): Would it be possible (in some future) to remap/rescript the mission to be fully dynamic? Because now, only the markers are showing up one by one, but every city is fixed right from the start of the mission so there is no suprise having it played the first time. So my suggestion for a longtime development would be to script the appearance of the AI dynamically and by chance. But i understand, if you want to leave it the way you have done it so far ;)

Glad you like it! I do hope you will use the updated version though :)

The way I created the mission it is not possible to make it fully random. I (on purpose) did not used spawning AI or a patrol script. Spawning AI is really great because it makes the mission really light to run, but the AI misses precision in movement and positions then (you get Domination type AI then). The way it is now all the AI is exactly where I want them and doing exactly how I want it. It does make it predictable after a few times of playing :( Though the combat fun will remain!

I will play around with the probability of presence, maybe I can make it more unpredictable that way, though it will still not be completely random.

No problem, thanks heaven you even think about my suggestion ;) Maybe we can find an easier solution or agreement. I thought just a second before why not just alter the order in which you clear the villiages. That would be enough dynamic for my purpose. So maybe in some distant future (yea yea ;) ) you may find a way to start your mission from two or more possitions. In a normal training mission with a duration about 2 hours we will never clear out all 18 possible cities. Due to our procedure and SOP we may get 5-8 done. So there is much potential left in your mission. Thats why i come up with the idea to alter the order. I know that you have planned your order carefully and that the markers right now are showing up one by another to guide the player. But maybe it is far less work to enable your mission to be played from two directions (just right now and from the other end) than to convert it into a dynamic spawn mission.

However i appreciate your work and we like the mission. At least thats what you wanted to hear ;)

Feel free to edit the mission anyway you like :) You can simply move the "endgame" trigger of the last village to an earlier village so that the mission will end sooner. It does still have the same village order, but it will take you less time to finish. Personally I like missions that take 3 or 4 hours to complete. You probably stopped the mission before encountering the 'surprises', it gets more challenging half way the mission :)

Yes was wondering as i was starting on a desert island so it should be renamed for it to work the pbo that is as follows

Co06 Call to Glory Reloaded (1.1).Takistan

Yeah, when you safe a mission in the editor the pbo has symbols in the name so I renamed it, but forgot to place the Island name back it.

This is correct "Co06 Call to Glory Reloaded (1.1).Takistan.pbo"

Well well Bootsy just finished it on sp,really enjoyed this so much everything is setup great m8 i wont give anything away,dont like using the word fantastic but for this i will, fantastic! looking forward to next one/s thank you man, now for a neck massage lol :)