Sign in to follow this  
Sylle

Variable engine sound

Hello BIS,

One thing that struck me when trying out X-Plane 10 was the varying sound the engine makes when you change the position of the collective.

Really, really immersive and very different from the constant/steady engine sound we get in ToH!!

Looking at various youtube movies, I think there is indeed room for improvement with the engine behavior and related engine sound of the ToH choppers.

Have a look at

Hopefully RLIB4 will make it possible to implement these improvements.

Cheers,

Sylvain

+1

Nothing like the sound of straining turbines.

Might be passed on to the arma3 vehicles, so that strain and not speed defines the whine of the engine.

Have you tried this with recent beta patches? When I pull hard turns, I can hear the engine SFX change under stress. It provides me with good feedback whilst flying Time Trials.

Ok I just tried again. Took so long because I got carried away doing running take offs with a 1000kg load in the littlebird. :D

I can hear it slightly in the turns but not under general conditions. I tried to hover out of ground effect (impossible with 2 passengers + 1000kg), saw the RPM drop as I pulled full pitch and was still sinking. Engine sounded the same.

Also there isn't a low RPM warning. :)

I can hear changes but they're very subtle. When you play music you don't hear it unless you pull off some crazy maneuvers. The best chance to actually hear it are Time Trials. Some of them require some crazy maneuvers to beat gold time and that's when I noticed it first. Good examples are Ursa Major, Death Valley, Cool Runnings and the tricky parts of The Elder Run and Crane Blame.