Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

3RD-person viewed character weapon proxys?

I wish we could see not only the pistol and the other rifle that you are carring but ammunition, granades and equipaments in general.

CSS, Hidden and Dangerous, Rainbow Six and others have this....

And, instead of slots, weight and volume.

Americas Army 3 gives you the possibility to see how many mags one got by counting them in the pouches, but that's a very limited game overall.

It'd have to be defined in the modelling program wich pockets can carry what and how many of them.

With proxys grenades could be hung on the vest on several spots and such. Maybe if a new LOD layer to models were added specifically to keep proxys of holstered weapons. A few proxys for grenades, one for an AT-launcher, one for an IR-strobe, some for chemlights. Maybe you could also add such proxys to a backpack model. So if you carry a backpack, you could for example make things attach to it instead once a certain backpack max-storage is reached. Lots of things could be done if this would work. One can dream.

Holsters working properly are probably my main reason for this thread, though. All kinds of holsters. I think it'd be a nice addition.

Edited by AlexVestin

Hi, the perfection would be to allow us to have a pre-choosen equipment tag, where we could attach pouches and equipment to our soldier model before play; so if you don't have x6 nade pouches you wouldn't have nades and if you pick one... you'll have it on the hand 'til you drop it or throw it, or if you only have x4 double mag pouches... you can only carry 8 5.56 magazines, that would be perfect IMO. Let's C ya

Hi, the perfection would be to allow us to have a pre-choosen equipment tag, where we could attach pouches and equipment to our soldier model before play; so if you don't have x6 nade pouches you wouldn't have nades and if you pick one... you'll have it on the hand 'til you drop it or throw it, or if you only have x4 double mag pouches... you can only carry 8 5.56 magazines, that would be perfect IMO. Let's C ya

I dream with something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SWU31-dGEs

+ IMGS: http://www.blackfootstudios.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5126

Americas Army 3 gives you the possibility to see how many mags one got by counting them in the pouches, but that's a very limited game overall.

It'd have to be defined in the modelling program wich pockets can carry what and how many of them.

With proxys grenades could be hung on the vest on several spots and such. Maybe if a new LOD layer to models were added specifically to keep proxys of holstered weapons. A few proxys for grenades, one for an AT-launcher, one for an IR-strobe, some for chemlights. Maybe you could also add such proxys to a backpack model. So if you carry a backpack, you could for example make things attach to it instead once a certain backpack max-storage is reached. Lots of things could be done if this would work. One can dream.

Holsters working properly are probably my main reason for this thread, though. All kinds of holsters. I think it'd be a nice addition.

Even a small amount of equipment proxies in Arma3 would be a dream, certainly better then the predefined models in Arma2/OA *cough cough* Grenadier *cough cough*.