Sign in to follow this  
MJR. Gastovski

Hand grenades

A bit offtopic, but has anyone ever thrown a paint grenade? I mean the kind used in paintball. If so, do they work well?

So,it sounds like grenades come n 3 flavours impact,3,5 and 7sec.

All i can say is best resd the instructions.

But id like it if our commanders could lob a few while turned out of their armour

....hmmmmm shrapnel

im sorry to say Gimmbal but that piece of advice is VERY dengarous! i case of throwing into bushes or into furnished room you can get stuck or worse, pulled in!

thats a big NO-NO!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hotrats @ June 13 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So,it sounds like grenades come n 3 flavours impact,3,5 and 7sec.

But id like it if our commanders could lob a few while turned out of their armour

....hmmmmm shrapnel<span id='postcolor'>

uhm, wouldn't that be 4 flavours? smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 14 2002,03:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hotrats @ June 13 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So,it sounds like grenades come n 3 flavours impact,3,5 and 7sec.

....hmmmmm shrapnel<span id='postcolor'>

uhm, wouldn't that be 4 flavours? smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

Tanks

You now your olny write I'did in-fact meen fore

ca'nt now how i get that rong

have fun smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ June 12 2002,07:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And to clear things up some. The idea of picking up a granade and throwing it back is a hollywood idea. No one in RL would ever try it unless they didn't cherrish there hands/arms/face/well you get the drift.<span id='postcolor'>

During the WW2 there was an italian elite force called "Arditi", they used to practice a very common joke to test their own skills. During lunch it was common to throw in the barracks where ppl ate one grenade to see who was enough brave (or fool) not to run away but to throw it out the window. Many ppl died tryin to catch the grenade or because they weren't quick leaving the room.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The idea of picking up a granade and throwing it back is a hollywood idea. No one in RL would ever try it unless they didn't cherrish there hands/arms/face/well you get the drift.<span id='postcolor'>

My grandpa throwed back a nade in Winter War and killed few Russians, although he got injured from a second nade. The nade hit his helmet and dropped next to him, only the "klonk" sound of the nade made him to react to nade. He didn't panic, just took the nade stood up and carefully throwed it back.

Mine got hit ON his helmet by a dud mortar round, talk about lucky break

I wouldn't want to be that mess hall cleanup crew. I somehow find myself doubting that story, though.

Scout, Gimbal was kidding. Thank you for warning anyone stupid enough to try that that it is a bad idea to try in real life, though.