Sign in to follow this  
FetishFool

Bc school kids taught that bible characters are...

TEACHER REPRIMANDED BY COLLEGE FOR OBJECTING TO HOMOSEXUAL

AGENDA

VANCOUVER, June 7, 2002 (LSN.ca) - In May, Chris Kempling, a

13-year teacher and counsellor in the public school system in

BC, was declared guilty of conduct unbecoming a member of the BC

College of Teachers by the College (BCCT). Kempling was

reprimanded for writing letters to the editor objecting to the

promotion of the homosexual agenda in the public school system

as well as for writing unpublished research essays, and private

letters to her supervisors and elected officials.

The College declared that "everything that you have written in

its entirety is derogatory and discriminatory," even though some

information was merely quoting previously published research

data. Kempling, who holds two masters degrees and an almost

complete doctorate in psychology, objected to the use of Xtra

West, a BC homosexual activist newspaper, which has obscene and

vulgar classified ads, as a recommended classroom resource.

Further, Kempling objected to the use of propaganda produced by

the Gay and Lesbian Educators of BC, published and distributed

by the BC Teachers Federation. One such item, Counselling

Lesbian and Gay Youth, stated "we must dishonour the attitude

that heterosexuality is the only acceptable orientation."

Another resource, endorsed by the College, entitled "Challenging

Homophobia in Schools", depicts the Biblical characters David

and Jonathan as a homosexual couple.

By no means a radical, Kempling is a well respected member of

the community. A community volunteer as a Big Brother, president

of the Child & Youth Support Society for 14 years; Employee and

Family Assistance Counsellor in private practice and a

Registered Clinical Counsellor; appointed by the Minister of

Health to be the Chairman of the District Health Council; a

Sunday School teacher and lay preacher of the Christian and

Missionary Alliance Church, Kempling requires support in his

struggle against the BCCTC. He will be appealing the verdict of

the BCCT.

it's bad thing to be homophobic, but it's also bad to be overly anti-hetero.

spekaing of Bible characters..some claimed that Peter was gay. there's some words that he said like 'flames in side of me' or something like that. tounge.gif

If someone can say that being gay is normal, then why can't you say that you beleive it to be wrong?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If someone can say that being gay is normal, then why can't you say that you beleive it to be wrong?<span id='postcolor'>

usually, the unfortunate aspect is that ppl who hate gays tend to ignore violence on gays too. but ppl who believe in gayness(sp tounge.gif ) tend to be the non-violent ones.

and furthermore, ppl like US Vice president Dick Cheney seems to be the prime example of double standards. He doesn't vote for any pro-homosexual laws, but his daughters are lesbians.

so it goes along the line of hypocracy, i guess

Ok you posted a news article, and?

Clearly you have an opinion because why else would you post it, so your opinion is? You agree or disagree?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">objected to the use of Xtra

vulgar classified ads, as a recommended classroom resource<span id='postcolor'>

So who decides what is vulgar and obscene then?

In parts of the world seeing a woman's face is considered vulgar and obscene, personally I feel that the way in some Muslim countries women are forced to cover their faces, now that is vulgar and obscene........

lol, the news article is irrelevant.

It was the headline that made me laugh out loud.

I found it in a Toronto newsgroup last night at 2 am. I haven't laughed so hard since I fell onto a vibrator.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 09 2002,00:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's bad thing to be homophobic, but it's also bad to be overly anti-hetero.

spekaing of Bible characters..some claimed that Peter was gay. there's some words that he said like 'flames in side of me' or something like that. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i know one gay peter

blueboysitting.jpgtounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">objected to the use of Xtra

vulgar classified ads, as a recommended classroom resource<span id='postcolor'>

Well, why don't they just add 'Playboy' and 'Hustler' as a reading resource as well, it has lesbians in it, so why not? I'm sure people will read the articles. confused.gif

They should keep that crap out of schools, if people want to learn about homosexuals or read magazines like that, they can do it outside of a school environment. I bet that guy was branded a 'homophobe' by those gay activists, anyone who seems to object to homosexuality on a moral basis today is deemed by some people to be a 'homophobe'. What a load of crap. If people want to be gay, fine, be as gay as you want, go into a corner and be gay with your gay buddies, but please keep your agendas out of other peoples faces.

Whatever......

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ June 09 2002,21:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What a load of crap. If people want to be gay, fine, be as gay as you want, go into a corner and be gay with your gay buddies, but please keep your agendas out of other peoples faces.

Whatever......

Tyler<span id='postcolor'>

Statistically 10% of people are gay, so if an average school has 1000 pupils 100 or therabouts will be gay, so those 10% should sit in class, go around with their friends, grow up and learn, with the thought that they're bad and wrong and freaks and perverted and will go to hell, etc etc etc, is that what you want? Because that is what will happen to kids if we don't educate them about such matters, if you hide it away you're saying it's wrong and bad, if you're hiding away education of gay issues then you're as much saying that the 10% of kids who will be gay are wrong and bad.

Like most males I grew up as an average healthy heterosexual male, but still my early and teen years were not the most pleasant and not always the happiest for me, however I can only imagine how hard it must be to grow up as gay in a hetereosexual world where "don't ask don't tell don't educate" is the mentality of people.

There endeth my rant for today smile.gif

Well I'm not ashamed to say that Homosexuality is wrong.

Keep it out of the classroom.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so if an average school has 1000 pupils 100 or therabouts will be gay<span id='postcolor'>

I find it very hard to beleive that the percentage is that high. Throughout highschool, I have only seen about 3 openly gay people. I am sure that there are more in the closet but I doubt the stats are that high.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">so those 10% should sit in class, go around with their friends, grow up and learn, with the thought that they're bad and wrong and freaks and perverted and will go to hell<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think that children should be exposed to things like gay issues at a young age. Let kids be kids. Even if schools were to tell kids that being gay is O.K., I don't think it would change things much. Children get their views from their parents until they are old enough to make their own opinions. I went to a Catholic school, and we recieved no education about homosexuality at all. I couldn't have even told you what a homo was until I was about 11. Yet, I don't hate or pick on gay people.

As for the Univerity thing, if the material is of an obscene nature (erotic ads, etc) it should have no place in a school.

Tyler

Homosexuality is a genetic "condition", same as something like Downs Syndrome, or heart disease, or even some cancers. So making a comment saying that homosexuality is "wrong" is as valid a comment as saying someone with Downs Syndrome is wrong.

So who decides what is vulgar and obscene then?

they were personals ala people looking for fuck buddies.. would you like your kid reading

"35M seeks strong 25M with tight ass and firm lips, no gag reflex is a plus"

I sure as well wouldent..

as for the schools.. well, gay=cant have kids (naturally) so there is an obvious pitfall in that you cant really do the human race any good (not that we need it)

what I find funny is how some gays will get all pissed because someone doesent feel comfortable with gays, but find its totally unacceptable to be the same way against straight people, massive doublestandard..

GET YOUR FAG ON!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ June 09 2002,22:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">as for the schools.. well, gay=cant have kids (naturally) so there is an obvious pitfall in that you cant really do the human race any good (not that we need it)<span id='postcolor'>

Osama Bin Laden has kids, Saddam Hussein has kids, John Wayne Gacy had kids, what good did they ever do to the human race? Since when is naturally being able to have children the defining factor of what is good for the human race?

Mother Thereasa never had any children, guess that means she did no good for the human race?

I have to go with Wobble on this one...

If I saw something like that in a publication my son was exposed to, I would be spitting mad.  

I dont have a problem with frank and open discussions of suxuality with children.  I have a problem with singles ads of an inappropriate nature in schools.  I would equally find "35, SWM seeks cute 25 SWF with tight ass and firm lips, no gag reflex is a plus" as innapropriate.  Nothing to do with orientation... more of content.

Homosexuality isnt a 'right/wrong' 'black/white' issue.  Placebo hit it right on the head. It's genetic and you really have little choice in it.  After all, would anyone remotely chose to be of that orientation in a world where homosexuals suffer such derision and prejudice?  I sincerly doubt it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ June 09 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a problem with singles ads of an inappropriate nature in schools.  I would equally find "35, SWM seeks cute 25 SWF with tight ass and firm lips, no gag reflex is a plus" as innapropriate.  Nothing to do with orientation... more of content.<span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't agree more, the original pasted articled didn't specify what the content was that was a problem, which is why I posed the question smile.gif

Homosexuality is a very complex issue.

It's something that has to be taught to kids indivudally. Not in groups.

Some kids don't grow a sexual interest until they're out of high school.

Chinese people are sexually oppressed. Especially the males.

So to avoid depression, they simply ignore their sexual desires.

Teaching kids about homosexuality before they learn their own sexuality is jumping the gun.

You can't say "You can love men OR women" immediatly. You have to find out their sexuality first. Some kids don't realize their sexuality until a very old age.

Point is that teaching about homo's is risky and can cause way too much confusion in a child or a teen. And most teachers aren't up to it, and most school's views on homosexuality are very bias.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FetishFool @ June 09 2002,22:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Point is that teaching about homo's is risky and can cause way too much confusion in a child or a teen.  And most teachers aren't up to it, and most school's views on homosexuality are very bias.<span id='postcolor'>

Teaching heterosexual only views to a teenager who is questioning his or her own sexuality will cause confusion same as the opposite, the only answer I can see is to provide the facts, answer questions, offer support should it be needed, that's the role of a teacher anyway.

What about the thousands of teenagers each year who kill themselves because they're unable to handle their homosexual feelings, what about the thousands of teenagers who are being picked on, bullied, assualted and worse simply because of their sexuality? Would not education help to ease and eradicate such problems as this? When I was a kid I picked on the one black kid in our school because the other kids did, I was getting my racial education from them, if the teachers had done the educating then I would have known better, and this black kid would have suffered less.

1. There is no gay gene, it is not a condition, even if it is a disposition.

2.</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Osama Bin Laden has kids, Saddam Hussein has kids, John Wayne Gacy had kids, what good did they ever do to the human race? Since when is naturally being able to have children the defining factor of what is good for the human race?

Mother Thereasa never had any children, guess that means she did no good for the human race? <span id='postcolor'> The ability to have children is not a definition of goodness, but the fact that homosexuality can't produce offspring shows it is not part of nature.

3. The three major religions condemn it, meaning that a vast majority of the population consider homosexuality to be wrong, even if this is at odds with the stagnant philosophy of western liberalism.

I'm not prepared to express my views on sexuality here, since I don't have the necessary repsect from the members.

But I can say that we're not born hating gays.

A teacher can say that homosexuals are natural whether they believe it or not. But the teachers are contradicting parents and priests.

It simply causes too much confusion.

The key word in all of this is education.

And what happens in most schools is not edcation, at least when it comes to sexuality.  

When I was in middle school (grade 7-8) we had a teacher fired.  This was 1982, and the first year that schools had an actual sex ed curriculum . It was actually taught as a part of Social Studies.  She made the mistake of photcopying a page out of the teachers guide that had a list of some of the most commonly asked erroneous questions about sexuality (ie: Can I get pregnant from kissing? Can you use saran wrap as a condom?).  A few students took the sheet home.  Some VERY religious parents (read: strict mormons) found the sheet and raised such a furor over it that the teacher ended up being fired.

So long as the religious right tries to control what is taught, then the sex ed taught in schools can never properly prepare kids for what they have to deal with.  And while a lot of parents would say 'Good, that's better taught at home', they are usually the parents that wont tell their kids a damn thing.  And then the kids end up experimenting with things just because they dont know... and because it's such a 'taboo'

I wonder if there is a study that studies teen pregnancy levels with the quality of sex education in schools?