Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Question on Memory Allocator

Why even if I use the beta patch 87646, that uses by default tbb4malloc_bi instead of tbb3malloc_bi, in my command line does not appear tbb 4malloc_bi? It's ok anyway?:confused:

Edited by armaricc

you're right but computers with 4 or more gbs of ram and a 32bit OS are not that recent and they hardly have an hardware that can sustain A2 and much less A3 with a better graphic quality than very low.

Cobblers. I have CO running quite nicely, thank you, on XP Pro 32 with 4Gb RAM, 1920x1200 display, with most settings (except PP) on high/very high. 2.5km view distance; & I get >50fps on the first A2 benchmark & 23-25 on the second; without ever having played around much with the configs.

I don't get lag or jitter. Haven't found any campaign or mission yet where the FPS drops much below 30 even with big mods like ACE2 + ACEX or COWarmod. This is on an i5-6750 @ 3.99 Ghz, 1GB ATI HD 5870, Catalyst 11.8. The machine is two years old, but hardly obsolete.

A3 likely to be a different issue, not least because it will require W7 or 8. Ugh - the PC came with W7 Home Premium which was dumped rather quickly. Maybe more stable than the vile Vista, but the repeated PITA of getting full access to all files & folders even as Administrator is just not acceptable.

BR

Orcinus