Sign in to follow this  
jptiger

urban partol script issue

hey guys,

i recently downloaded kronzky's urban patrol script,

i opened editor and (after placing the stuff for the mission) i place some rectangle markers with a name (foxtrot for example) if i place a group of ai units in the area and add nul=[this,"foxtrot","RANDOM","MIN:",30,"MAX:","80,"] execVM "ups.sqf" to thier INIT field (tried without capital letters too)

no unit is found patrolling, also tried a small area with many units,

i do however notice that when i go in to the in game map the markers have changed position (the the the far left in my case)

i have placed the script file in the missions folder and i am using chernarus. (ARMA2:CO RFT) (i also use ACE2)

what can i do to fix this,

thanks in advance.

(i am sorry for the bad grammar)

I also discovered that upsmon, which is based on ups, would alter my markers regularly, basically multiplying x and y coordinates by -1. I've replaced the calls to 'upsmon.sqf' with a function of my own, that first creates a temporary marker and then call upsmon.sqf. Just a work around, though, here's the code. Needs the CBA functions or you have to replace INC. The variable markerSuffixUPS is global and initialized with 0.

INC(markerSuffixUPS);
_markerSuffix = markerSuffixUPS;

_group = _this select 0;
_marker = _this select 1;
_command = _this select 2;

// copy marker
_markerName = format ["%1%2", _marker, _markerSuffix];
_pos = getMarkerPos _marker;
_tmpMarker = createMarker [_markerName, _pos];
_tmpMarker setMarkerSize (getMarkerSize _marker);

_T = [_group, _tmpMarker, _command] execVM "scripts\upsmon.sqf";
_T

Hi Jp, I have used both ups and upsmon w/o issue. First thing - min 30, max80? if you placed a group of 3 units, that means you would have between 90 and 240 units patrolling the area..then you tried a small area with many units? (min and max being a random amount of clone units/groups being spawned)

Second thing- ya had a lil something wrong in your script call,

try this nul=[this,"foxtrot","RANDOM","MIN:",3,"MAX:",8] execVM "ups.sqf";

Keep in mind that each of of these arguments (MIN & MAX) actually consists of TWO parameters that are given to the script: "MIN:",NUMBER and "MAX:",NUMBER.

If you don't use the "MIN:"# it will default to one unit/group and give you up to the "Max:"# of units/groups you have chosen

..Only the lead unit of a group needs the script call in the init line.

Its a gr8 script hope u get it to work.. happy holidays