Sign in to follow this  
smokedog3para

BITOOLS and new patch 1.60

Hi all updated to the new patch i installed the bitools and arma2ptool again to account for the patch and visitor was fine.

Then out came the new beta 1.60 http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10988 and went to reinstall bitools and arma2ptool and now it errors on shaders in the dosbox and closes do you think this could be the beta messin with it as I have done this over and over every time a beta is released its been fine but now I cant get back in visitor or bulldozer just says mismatch of shaders and no world config error

Why would you reinstall BI Tools just for installing a Patch, or more senselessly; a beta patch?

If anything you should update the unpacked data in P:\ca, perhaps P:\dta, nothing else.

Anyway, the shaders in the BIN folder perhaps are not compatible with the 1.60's? Just put the original exe build back, and make sure you have BI Tools 2.5 setup, not 2.0?

cheers sick boy i always redo the tools and arma2p tool after a beta install or it wont match the shaders i have had this numerous times and that is how i fix it when i get the above error as if there is some thing different in the beta the old bitools and arma2p dont know about it it wont load bulldozer so needs updating to the new patch try it and you will see what i mean

when I installed the rc1.60 it would not open bulldozer so I done the above and it works if you have installed 1.60 try opening a island on a previous patch and you will see what i mean you need to do the above to get it working again

I cant see how you manage to update patch and not tools and still have it working

I only use or have arma2p tool 2.5.1 i have always got round this error but am stuck ill try what you say now mate cheers

you have to rerun bitools when arma2p crashes in the dosbox with errors saying cant do this or that and stops install

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Well simply do not run the beta exe bulldozer and you dont need to update P bin/dta.

Since the beta is installed in seperate folder that should be fine.

Still if you want to run beta exe bulldozer, then yes you will have to update the shaders (and config).

Not sure if the BI tools reinstall actually unpacks the game's bin.pbo, I dont think so, so it seems you always have to manually patch the shaders and config.

For 1.60 RC the same counts, shaders (and config) will need to be matched. IMO no need to run Beta bulldozers - RC or final patch is soon enough or any specific reason to bulldoze with betas?

I think your missin the point arma2p tool takes the beta if its installed and adds it in the dta folder for you so its automaticly done for you

i always install betas so there in my drive even if i dont use it how do you get it to use normal exe if arma2p tool replaces the normal exe with beta 1 its gone and replaced

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

Maybe, still don't know why you would use the Beta data, and update at every Beta, but I guess that's your choice :)

The same procedure should work fine then for the 1.60 RC and betas, not sure why it fails.

its not a choice once beta is installed bulldozer no longer opens as its using the old exe and shaders and the arma2ptool updates it to work with the new beta data then works again

if you dont run it you wont gety it to work again cheers mate its winding me up

Sorry but it doesn't make sense to me. The beta is installed to a separate folder so if you have working bulldozer with 1.59, and install a beta, and don't do anything else (no need to run arma2p tool), I dont see how bulldozer stops working with 1.59.

Or I must still be missing some details, e.g are you manually moving the expansion/beta files into your game folder or?

If you install an RC on the other hand, ... this does modify the game files instead of installing to expansion/beta, and then it of course makes sense that you will have to update your P drive accordingly.

Edited by Sickboy

It doesn't make sense to me either but that's what has happened as arma2ptool takes the whole arma2 drive including the beta folder and processes it there is no way to tell it to leave the beta folder out.

With 1.59 i had to do the same as above with every beta I installed or it wont open try it and you will see for your self arma2ptool sees every thing as it unpacks every thing including any @ folders in the arma2 directory

I have done this so many times now its standard for me to get back in bulldozer after any beta arma2 or oa betas have been installed

does any 1 else get this or have to do the above as cant see it just being me that has to do this after a beta

My whole point is that there is no need to use the arma2p tool to process after installing a beta because you already have a valid P: drive setup for 1.59 before you installed the beta.

For now try deleting beta folder from arma 2 folder, and beta from expansion folder, then try the arma2p tool again, and see what happens.

ok cheers ill try that dam irratating I thought these days were well behind me

If I have a valid p\drive 1.59 and then after the beta is installed bulldozer wont see the valid 1.59exe it wants to fire off the beta exe to launch bulldozer it knockes out the valid 1.59 and cant open so needs arma2ptool to install it from what ive seen after its put the beta exe in it works normally till now lol

if i leave the 1.59 and dont run the arma2ptool i get it saying mismatch of shaders and exe in bulldozer so not sure what it is i see what your saying but my computer says no untill i run arma2ptool

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

hi sick i just rerun bitools in differante drive and i get the map open in bulldozer now only missing oa textures it says but the arma2ptool now wont process all the files i get this now

arma2p-1.png and then it shuts it

if its to small the image it says the depbo corrupted sha key

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA