Sign in to follow this  
marty6

Just got Arma 2, OA, RFT(BAF & PMC) ... have questions...

Hi,

I just joined BI forums today and I have a few questions. So, please be patient with me. I am an avid sp/mp user for quite a few years. Mainly BF2 and BF2 mods. I run a private Coop/lan using hamachi on a separate computer. After reading in the BI forums, BI has gone beyond the other multiplayer online games. This is a fantastic game...especially for coop multiplayer.

My other family members have all bought Arma 2 with the addons as I have. So, here goes the questions:

1. How do I setup a multiplayer server for coop?

2. How do I setup a mp campaign for 3 or more people? I saw on the outside of the box that PMC only has 2 player coop campaign mode. Is there a way to increase that number? Is Arma 2 plus the addons only 2 player coop? Or, is it just PMC?

Thanks,

marty6

hi marty,

Arma2 has a 4 player coop campaign, with OA i´m not sure.

Have a look at Armaholic. There are tons of coop missions for 2 up to 16+ players.

In the mp-part is an "new game" Button, there you can host a session via i-net or lan.

Hi marty and welcome to the club !

To setup a MP game, click NEW then (if you don't want others to join put a password), select your mission etc. Now your family will be able to connect (with password if you wanted it)

Cheers

PS you will see a HUGE number of released missions in the User Mission section of this forum. They range from 2 person coop to about 120 !

Baraka and Kremator,

Thank you both for the info! I love the flexibility of arma 2!! I'll post back later after a few missions played. Also, I have arma 2 and OA on the machine now. I do have baf and pmc but not loaded yet. Arma 2 and OA are patched to 1.59 but not 1.60. Can I add baf and pmc without patching or do I need to reinstall everything from scratch?

Thanks,

marty6

Yes just install pmc and baf - you already have them installed in a light version with lowres textures and sounds.

When you haven´t installed BAF + PMC yet, there will be no proplem with 1.59.

I guess the patches for the Reinforcements is available standalone without the other stuff.

The 1.60 Patch is a beta one, so maybe you wait for a week and get the official one.

Have fun!

oops, ninja'd :o

Try Domination and Insurgency - they were the most popular MP games, but any coop or pvp will do. Download them from Armaholic.com and put the .pbo files in mpmissions in the arma2 folder. You will then be able to set them up when you select new under multiplayer. It's fairly easy to do. Patch 1.60 is excellent and reduces the warping in multiplayer. Even fast jets move smoothly and I played a server domination map with A10's recently that was amazing.

You can try the latest 1.60RC, it's not the final patch and has some minor things wrong so you will have to download it again nearer Xmas when the completed patch is out. It will fit on a CD for your friends/family if they don't want to spend the time downloading 500mb.

Edited by PELHAM

Try Domination and Insurgency - they were the most popular MP games, but any coop or pvp will do. Download them from Armaholic.com and put the .pbo files in mpmissions in the arma2 folder. You will then be able to set them up when you select new under multiplayer. It's fairly easy to do. Patch 1.60 is excellent and reduces the warping in multiplayer. Even fast jets move smoothly and I played a server domination map with A10's recently that was amazing.

You can try the latest 1.60RC, it's not the final patch and has some minor things wrong so you will have to download it again nearer Xmas when the completed patch is out. It will fit on a CD for your friends/family if they don't want to spend the time downloading 500mb.

Are you serious about A-10's flying smoothly? 0.0 I am amazed and will have to get back on the 7th Cav's server tonight. I haven't played in ages since GOA.Plumbly left.

There are plenty of co-op missions on Armaholic. One of my favorites are the SEAL Team Six ones - I forgot who made them. I hope you and your family have a good time with ArmA2! Welcome to the game and the forums. :)

Are you serious about A-10's flying smoothly? 0.0 I am amazed and will have to get back on the 7th Cav's server tonight. I haven't played in ages since GOA.Plumbly left.

There are plenty of co-op missions on Armaholic. One of my favorites are the SEAL Team Six ones - I forgot who made them. I hope you and your family have a good time with ArmA2! Welcome to the game and the forums. :)

Yes jets are smooth - just been testing a coop CAS script on a server - smooth and realistic, no warping at all!