Sign in to follow this  
logandog1240

I need help in mission dialog screen

Basically i cant seem to change any of the weapons/ items in the before mission screen. The big mods i use are COwar mod, some things removed. SLX, ACE. Those are the only mods i use that have game altering properties, the rest are just kind of unit addons. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

You can only change them if the mission/campaign was set up for it.

It is it has other weapons there, and ill change the weapon, and press close. and when i look at it again. everything will be back to what it started as

Sometimes you may have to "save" or "rearm/take" to make them stay. There are many options to that feature within the mission design. Do you have a particular mission we could check?

Those Mods you have wont change anything that is mission specific.

There are no missions by default where you can change your weapons before the mission starts,

only missions that have that are custom missions where the mission builder had implemented a script to enable you to do that.

Your issue is mission specific, you will need a script to be able to change or pick weapons before the mission starts heres a couple:

Preset Weapon selections by player UID

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13810

cB Custom Loadout Demo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9997

Those Mods you have wont change anything that is mission specific.

There are no missions by default where you can change your weapons before the mission starts,

only missions that have that are custom missions where the mission builder had implemented a script to enable you to do that.

Your issue is mission specific, you will need a script to be able to change or pick weapons before the mission starts heres a couple:

Preset Weapon selections by player UID

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13810

cB Custom Loadout Demo

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9997

Thank you for your help, and the mission im talking about is the whole TF94 campaign really.

Your welcome.

You should ask the author of the mission about what issues your are having then, see the thread here for that campaign.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=117751

Usually addons/mods/scripts/even missions sometimes will have their own thread, best to ask on their thread, as that is what your supposed to do.

Moderators wont hesitate to lock your thread and give you infractions if need be, if there is a thread already for what your asking about,

something to keep in mind, as well as to help you out.

Its not specifically that mission, i just checked 3 unrelated campaigns that all are set up for breifing loadout choosing and it always happens, i select the weapon and click close the dialoug, and it goes back to the default loudout.

Hmm, Im pondering the idea that a possible conflict that mods may be interfering, have you tried with the vanilla game?

i havent tried it with the vanilla game because the campaigns require mods, do you think that it might have anything to do with COwarmod, becuase its a mashup of random mods, and also i changed the slx version inside it

I think you cant change weapons in campaigns becose Ace [not 100%sure], i remember that few guys have this problem wenn they play non ace campaigns versions with ace mod. Probably soldier of valor or/and few of maybe sick1 campaigns.

I think you cant change weapons in campaigns becose Ace [not 100%sure], i remember that few guys have this problem wenn they play non ace campaigns versions with ace mod. Probably soldier of valor or/and few of maybe sick1 campaigns.

2 of the 3 campaigns are ace 2 campaigns, im ganna try it without co-warmod to find out if its something in there.

Nope even without co warmod it wont let me cHABGE WEAPONS, could it possibly be CBA, thats the only major changing mod.

Edited by logandog1240

i havent tried it with the vanilla game because the campaigns require mods

campaigns require addons that the campaigns use, i think it has to do with the scripting,

as I said before located the threads of the campaigns and ask them.

do you think that it might have anything to do with COwarmod, because its a mashup of random mods, and also i changed the slx version inside it

Just a note im the author of COWarMod, and it hardly a mashup of mods, it took me 6 months of testing 200+

addons and mods separate and together both from Arma2, and OA, and then compiling them into one mod and creating readmes.

All the mods are 99% of the addons and mods from the community that deal with Ai enhancement,

game play effects/changes, and many other things related to gameplay.

back On topic

2 of the 3 campaigns are ace 2 campaigns,

If your running COWarMod with ACE, do not do it, they are only 70% compatible with each other,

if your going to play ACe with CoWarMod then wait for my CoWarModACE compatible version to be released.

if you want a campaign to run like its supposed then you need to run it with what it requires.

As I said go to the threads of the campaigns themselves and ask the author as right now your spitting in the wind.

You will waste more time trying to figure something out on your own when there is a whole thread dedicated to the

campaign/s your playing where it very may be possible that someone else already has had the problem you are having and have solved it.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

campaigns require addons that the campaigns use, i think it has to do with the scripting,

as I said before located the threads of the campaigns and ask them.

Just a note im the author of COWarMod, and it hardly a mashup of mods, it took me 6 months of testing 200+

addons and mods separate and together both from Arma2, and OA, and then compiling them into one mod and creating readmes.

All the mods are 99% of the addons and mods from the community that deal with Ai enhancement,

game play effects/changes, and many other things related to gameplay.

back On topic

If your running COWarMod with ACE, do not do it, they are only 70% compatible with each other,

if your going to play ACe with CoWarMod then wait for my CoWarModACE compatible version to be released.

if you want a campaign to run like its supposed then you need to run it with what it requires.

As I said go to the threads of the campaigns themselves and ask the author as right now your spitting in the wind.

You will waste more time trying to figure something out on your own when there is a whole thread dedicated to the

campaign/s your playing where it very may be possible that someone else already has had the problem you are having and have solved it.

I did not mean mashup as in careeless i mean as in alot of mods so its more of a chance its not compatible with something else. its not Cowarmod, tried the mission without it, and its not ace because the campaigns are ace versions, that it happens to too. It also happens on default arma 2/ OA missions. I tried it without the beta. and with, i dont know what to do. I remember something like this happened to me before and i dont know what i changed but i stopped, and now its started again........ SAD FACE

Can you send me a link to one of the campaigns that you are having trouble with and preferably not Ace.

Also just for a forum note for you when you are replying to a post that is above yours, you dont need to quote,

you only need to quote specific lines if your answering something specifically, but if replying to the whole post, then just post your answer.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14028

and not only that but defauly bis missions, ie 1 shot 1 kill.... etc, basically anything that allows yu, in briefing, to choose weapons, its not mission specific im sure theres nothing wrong with the campaign, im just trying to figure out what of my mods is incompatible, or something with my system idk to be honest.

Ok, i think i found solution: check thread Seal team six Devgru campaign.

Pages 30-32. Its probably Ace bug in all ace campaign versions. But someone write if you will use ace stable all is ok, but wenn someone use ace beta versions they have this bug, they can change weapons during briefing. Maybe this will help you.

Ok, i think i found solution: check thread Seal team six Devgru campaign.

Pages 30-32. Its probably Ace bug in all ace campaign versions. But someone write if you will use ace stable all is ok, but wenn someone use ace beta versions they have this bug, they can change weapons during briefing. Maybe this will help you.

You sir are a helpful god, and i hope your pc stumbles upon a new gpu and cpu that would make nasa evey you, thank you +))))

Sorry little mistake in ace betas they "not can" change weapons and i earlier write they "can".