Sign in to follow this  
special_air_service

How to control NAPA ALLIED Group ?

CTRL+Space

before diving into that mission, you should check out the warfare tutorial training missions

CTRL+Space

before diving into that mission, you should check out the warfare tutorial training missions

I just skipping on tutorial and directly fall in for campaign mission :eek: that's why I didn't knew how to control NAPA Allied group and maybe another allied group in another mission as well, that's why I can only command those 3 unit from razor team . Thank you for the information, will try it now :)

This Badlands mission is the hardest mission Iam encountered so far in Harvest Red Campaign, anyone willing to make a guide or walkthrough about this mission, especially how to keep my group as full as possible even after engaging enemy ? :) Im new at ArmA II so , any help would be so helpful for me :D

When I did that mission:

1st Town:

I set Razor Team to stealth and had them prone into first town to give light support (because they kept dieing and I had to restart). Novy Sobor should be taken completely by yourself with only Razor Team, moving first to the camp on the east end, taking out the MG gunner, capturing that side camp, and then moving down to harass the enemy. It is difficult and you might die a couple of times, but by shooting the gunners off the vehicles you should be able to proceed through the town. Be sure to check on your team or make them stop somewhere, as they can still potentially die and make you have to restart. Watch the cutscenes if you want and then deploy a barracks, a base with simple defenses, etc. Defenses don't seem to matter much because no one attacks the town, but it feels safer to have them.

2nd Town:

For Stary Sobor, I finally realized how to move those allied units and I moved all of them to the first camp. There is one static MG gunner there, so be sure to take him out. Once you hold that area, you can easily capture the town just by standing in the main bunker. Then, you should slowly clear out the other units in the town (2/3 Russian APCs, 2 technicals, and a couple of infantry). You will probably have to purchase an RPG-7 if you don't have one to deal with those APCs. You shouldn't waste much AI here, as they probably will just get mowed down.

3rd/4th Town:

After this, I returned to base and set up my Light Vehicle Factory and created about 3 BRDMs. I commanded all my friendly units to start skirmishing on the border of the 3rd town. With the BRDMs and allied forces, I was able to take the next town within about a minute, and then returnedto base after a radio message. You will then probably see some civies in a white pickup, and you can accept their mission to go down to Vyshnoye and defend it from a small attack if you want. The radio message guy will say you have a chance to kill Prizak (NAPA leader), so I personally went there on the way down to Vyshnoye and shot him. After that, you should be clear to take the next city (which only has light infantry) and finish the mission using your BRDM and friendly units.

You might even want to make a vehicle factory first because using a BRDM makes it much easier to seize a town and you usually won't die immediately if you get ambushed. There's also many other orders and ways of doing things.

Money is used for buying infantry, equipment, defenses, and everything excluding the "base" structures (Barracks/Light Vehicle Factory/and Vehicle Supply Point) which you buy with supplies instead. Once you deploy a vehicle supply point and HQ, trucks should start spawning which complete patrols between each captured city for supplies and money.

You can use it to buy units (BRDM, vehicles, infantry), equipment (preferably SVD/RPG7 for this mission) and place base defenses near your HQ.

Money is used for buying infantry, equipment, defenses, and everything excluding the "base" structures (Barracks/Light Vehicle Factory/and Vehicle Supply Point) which you buy with supplies instead. Once you deploy a vehicle supply point and HQ, trucks should start spawning which complete patrols between each captured city for supplies and money.

You can use it to buy units (BRDM, vehicles, infantry), equipment (preferably SVD/RPG7 for this mission) and place base defenses near your HQ.

thank you for the information will try it soon :)