Sign in to follow this  
Rusvolk

Annti-Tank Metis AT-13 keeps Auto-guiding itself.

Playing in the veteran difficulty with Auto guided AT disabled, ive noticed the Metis AT-13 which is supposed to be guided manually, (for example holding the right mouse button) still instantly locks on to any enemy vehicle, then i tried in Expert diffuculty and aiming the Metis above a M1A1 and i randomly fire it and it still hits the M1A1 like if it were a Javelin, i have my game fully patched, i bought the CO box and ArmA 2 came in version 1.06, after so, i installed OA patch 1.59 and A2 patch 1.10 so i should be fully up-to-date, and noticing a Missile launcher that in real life actually doesnt have any Fire and Forget technology like the Javelin is disturbing...:391:

It's not only Metis but all man portable AT missiles. Dragon, NLAW, METIS all do behave the same, no lock on time abnd autoguide in all difficulty settings. Welcome to the arcade part in ArmA II. Tomorrow we wil meet here again and discuss "radar" for drivers and gunners and the notorious "tab issue" giving driver sthe ability to assign targets from their dark pitts by using "the Force".

It's not only Metis but all man portable AT missiles. Dragon, NLAW, METIS all do behave the same, no lock on time abnd autoguide in all difficulty settings. Welcome to the arcade part in ArmA II. Tomorrow we wil meet here again and discuss "radar" for drivers and gunners and the notorious "tab issue" giving driver sthe ability to assign targets from their dark pitts by using "the Force".

Testing today, with the KA-52 and Mi-24V helicopters, as a gunner i couldnt get any locks onto US army HMMV or "Humvees" niether by pressing TAB or anything else, and as a pilot with manual fire activated i couldnt get a lock with TAB either, only by tapping the right mouse key directly at them, but i only noticed that this problem is only when the vehicles are NOT in movement and for some reason when their in movement, the TAB lock works extremely fine, but apart from that i have an extreme rocket accuracy issue or i can even say bug, i placed 3 US cars to move to a short waypoint and me as pilot with manual fire and guided rockets couldnt hit none of them because the rockets allways hitted a little bit way to the front of the tank. (Happens with gunner too, only tested it in OPFOR>Russia helicopters)...this little allmost invisible bugs/issues really get on my nerves...

useless discussion, bis ignores my question so as I understand they not will change anything in locking system.I only hope that PR continue developing as not tab to lock here.

Has anyone created a ticket for this?

If not, then why not?

If so, upvote it.

I dont think theyll pay any mind to a ticket, theyll probably say "wait for the next update" or something similar, i created this thread also to see if anybody else has my issues.

Mando missile (latest version) is a good alternative ...

Thanx for all these addons, but, i in fact i like Mando but its a bit too buggy and honestly unrealistic, and Addons themselves are annoying because you need to disable them to join a Lite multiplayer game, considering that most of the Russian servers i play in dont have any mods. Anyways ill just keep on dreaming for BIS to fix this unrealism. :436:

I aswell, for some odd reason have serious TAB locking issues when enemy vehicles are idle, especially cars like the UAZ or Humvee.

I dont think theyll pay any mind to a ticket, theyll probably say "wait for the next update" or something similar, i created this thread also to see if anybody else has my issues.

<sarcasm>

ROFL, yes, BIS doesn't listen to tickets and always say "Wait for the next update". :yay:

The v1.60 betas are also not a product of reported tickets with bug reports, feedback and feature requests... :D

The ~180 fixed and ~25 left open resolved/feedback/in progress are all fakes too! http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/versions/1010

</sarcasm>

Tab lock or other issues not being a priority for them at this time is no reflection of their overall CIT clearance / activity.

If you look at the bugs that existed in 1.59, and have now been addressed in 1.60, you will probably find that many of them are of much higher severity/value than tab-lock gameplay issues that are fixable through mission/addon scripts etc.

So yes, creating tickets with sufficient details, repro mission, etc and gaining votes for them certainly is useful and at a time they can and want to spend time on it, they can and will.

And yes, some things can take months, even years, in case of large severity, at times even weeks or days.

If you think anything else is realistic then think again. Perhaps look around at other games/developers - I don't think u can find this kind of dedication elsewhere, and certainly not in spades.

Read some up on the workings of CIT: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

In the meantime there are countless workarounds, able to be applied to a mission or addon, or use already existing solutions built into Mando Missiles (MMA), ACE and PR, and I reckon there are other mods/missions as well.

Edited by Sickboy

Well,mando missile is not buggy you just need to lear commands...

you can't say it's unrealistic and buggy :D

Well... Ive learned all the commands, but looking at at Combat flight simulators that turn ALL their attention to EXACT and realistic weapon targeting systems, i find MMA quite unrealistic, especially the camera thats located under certain jets, in real life, there probably is, but the image is shown in another screen located in the cockpit, not EXACTLY viewing the image directly from the camery located outside the aircraft, and the HUD modification MMA contains doesnt fit some jets, but thats all offtopic. As i said i really hope BIS can fix this issue without the need of uncomfortable addons, considering the issue is quite small, shouldnt take them much time.:o:

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

<sarcasm>

ROFL, yes, BIS doesn't listen to tickets and always say "Wait for the next update". :yay:

The v1.60 betas are also not a product of reported tickets with bug reports, feedback and feature requests... :D

The ~180 fixed and ~25 left open resolved/feedback/in progress are all fakes too! http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/versions/1010

</sarcasm>

Tab lock or other issues not being a priority for them at this time is no reflection of their overall CIT clearance / activity.

If you look at the bugs that existed in 1.59, and have now been addressed in 1.60, you will probably find that many of them are of much higher severity/value than tab-lock gameplay issues that are fixable through mission/addon scripts etc.

So yes, creating tickets with sufficient details, repro mission, etc and gaining votes for them certainly is useful and at a time they can and want to spend time on it, they can and will.

And yes, some things can take months, even years, in case of large severity, at times even weeks or days.

If you think anything else is realistic then think again. Perhaps look around at other games/developers - I don't think u can find this kind of dedication elsewhere, and certainly not in spades.

Read some up on the workings of CIT: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/wiki/CIT

In the meantime there are countless workarounds, able to be applied to a mission or addon, or use already existing solutions built into Mando Missiles (MMA), ACE and PR, and I reckon there are other mods/missions as well.

Thanks, now i look at it in a different way,Ill take in consideration what you said, and looking at the issues being fixed, i feel way more happier than the correction of the unrealistic Auto-guidance, but still, i await for such fix, atleast after 1.60