Sign in to follow this  
sevensixtytwo

Auto-prone when climbing

Is there a way to disable the "auto-prone" when a unit is climbing a steep slope? AI don't seem to want to crawl all the way up a mountain and get stuck as a result, continuously falling prone then standing then falling prone again.

Thanks

Haha, thanks for that. Now the AI charge into battle fearlessly, unheeding of cover and bullets! Oh, and they also leave me in the dirt as they zip up the mountainside while I slowly crawl upwards. xD

I was thinking more on what to change in the config so that all soldiers wouldn't need to go prone when climbing a steep slope. Nothing like having your mission broken when a squad gets stuck waiting for one of the squaddies who accidentally hit a slope and did the stand-prone dance.

I was thinking more on what to change in the config so that all soldiers wouldn't need to go prone when climbing a steep slope. Nothing like having your mission broken when a squad gets stuck waiting for one of the squaddies who accidentally hit a slope and did the stand-prone dance.

Not possible AFAIK

One little trick that may help you is turn so that you can stand and run diagonally up the mountain by holding E+D or E+A together. This of course will not work on the really steep slopes you will be forced prone and all you can do is crawl to a point where you can stand again.

Nothing like having your mission broken when a squad gets stuck waiting for one of the squaddies who accidentally hit a slope and did the stand-prone dance.

Mission design fault

Nothing like a cheating AI. XD

All I can advice is to take a hill with a more gentle slope, or make everything go boom very fast (the latter is more like my style.......).

Word of advice:

sometimes mission editor (well this kinda long and not really into topic, but still worth a note) may just not let you do what you want, and it rather does what it wants. Prime example:

I was making the afghan war era mission and these guys were to get out of the trucks. First Ural - Works, Second Ural - Works, Third Ural.... At a first try it not letted the people out. On the second try he was knocking over everyone else and crushing them underneath the wheels. So I got pi**ed off and renamed Ural 3 into Urinal. I try it again.... and it... Works? And then again and again, and some fifty times again (cuz I really liked the mission, hardcore urban combat at night) no glitch, whatsoever. All I did was renaming a vehicle into Urinal. I was all like "WTFBBQ"?

Cheating indeed. xD

The randomness of the Editor is known to me. Like having a troop of Rangers dismount from the Stryker only to be run down in the next few seconds as the Stryker goes into reverse for no reason at all. Retry and it works perfectly.

I also noticed that AI can run up slopes that would slow down players or force them to prone.