Sign in to follow this  
Wobble

Cable boys and indians

I disagree,when you ask for one they do give you one ,but also they say it would be that time and between 4pm sometime

I disagree, I do it for a living..

Would you let someone off the street walk around your house without watching him ?

you called and requested them to come over and do something you couldent (or were to fucking lazy to do).. hardly someone "off the street"

i don't know what kind of people you put up.Sooo i'll just move along.

When i called to get AT&T digital telephone, they told me any where from 1pm to 5pm, and well they came at 1pm. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SKULLS_Viper @ June 06 2002,02:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When i called to get AT&T digital telephone, they told me any where from 1pm to 5pm, and well they came at 1pm. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have the same cable company,too bad i can't switch.There only one cable company in this city.

When i moved into my first house, I got the cable people to come to my house at 5PM (I worked until 4:30), in a downpour on a friday afternoon so they can hook up my cable so I can watch football on the weekend. Now service like that I don't think I can get anywhere else. smile.gif

-=Die Alive=-

alright..i think i went a bit harsh for calling Wobble a s.o.b. after hearing about the company guidline. but I still think Wobble should also think about the fact that he should have told those ppl that it was COMPANY POLICY to wear protective boots.

think twice before you act! wink.gif

I would have done the same thing, its not like he hiked Mt. Dogshit before he went in the house. I don't like immigrants who dont bother to listen to any rules or anything. Foreign people can sometimes be ignorant in the US, Ive one seen about 20 japanse or chinese people run into a plane like crazy fools all at once when the lady announced pregnant woman and children may now board the plane. Stuff like that pisses me off, those asian people might have not been living in the US but there are immigrants like that who do live here.

I don't think wobble is an sob,he just has another pov(point of view).When i go in someone house i will respect their rules,Don't matter if i'm working for them or just visiting..But if he's at work and has to keep the boots on thats fine.

I don't like immigrants who dont bother to listen to any rules or anything

Their living in their own house,Soo what if they can't speak english.I bet you they own a gas station. smile.gif

You dont have to adjust to different cultures when you are working in someones house, thats bullshit. They should learn how the US works and shutup and let him do his job, its really not that much different than if he were working in the street fixing something because they called for his service so he could go get his job done and leave not learn about Indian culture.

hey wobble, this isnt meant as a disprespect, but you said alot of the cleints dont respect you guys, so why is it your example has to be one involving indians, if thats the best one you have you havent seen shit yet. i respect cable men, they are very productive members of society so dont get me wrong. assholes are assholes regardless of their race. no one should be able to ask for a service and then tell them how to do their job, so what a costumer didnt liek your shoes, they still payed you right, almost everyone in america with a job gets a complaint, so its nothing new and you will get more, dont you have the right to serve anyone you want and vice-versa, if you felt uncomfortable, thne you should have left and told your boss you feared for your wellbeing.

MDRZulu

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Foreign people can sometimes be ignorant in the US, Ive one seen about 20 japanse or chinese people run into a plane like crazy fools all at once when the lady announced pregnant woman and children may now board the plane. Stuff like that pisses me off, those asian people might have not been living in the US but there are immigrants like that who do live here.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should learn how the US works and shutup and let him do his job, its really not that much different than if he were working in the street fixing something because they called for his service so he could go get his job done and leave not learn about Indian culture.<span id='postcolor'>

change living in US to anyother foreign country and foreigners to Americans. that's pretty mush what other nations say about Americans too.. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ June 06 2002,07:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">change living in US to anyother foreign country and foreigners to Americans. that's pretty mush what other nations say about Americans too.. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Bingo, Ralph! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (WKK Gimbal @ June 05 2002,15:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Everytime I read one of your posts Wobble, I think you're an even bigger asshole.

My current mental image of you is some dirty redneck driving around barking at everybody who doesn't fit perfectly into his narrow universe.<span id='postcolor'>

Hahaha..

That is very much how I feel, though I'd ask him out for a beer if I drove through his town just to hear some more of his stories.

That's not Wobble! He sent me this pic of him on the job, soldering a cable connection:

redneck.jpeg

LOL, whats scary is I really like bud light too...

Dont fuck with your cable guy... it may be me biggrin.gif  wow.gif  biggrin.gif

I think you're an even bigger asshole.

thats partially true.. i CAN BE the biggest asshole you ever met, but I can also be the best friend you ever had..

im wierd like that, I one of those people who will eather really really like you are hate your guts.. not much middle ground with me for some odd reason.. im just picky I guess, I make life long enemies and life long friends..

at least if I like you you KNOW I like you.. or else you would KNOW I hate you.. LOL.. see there is a bright side hehee biggrin.gif

Are you trying to say you make Jim Carey as The Cable Guy look normal, Wobble?

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">change living in US to anyother foreign country and foreigners to Americans. that's pretty mush what other nations say about Americans too.. <span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. And not that I am out to slam Americans...but when they live or visit other countries, they think people there should behave like Americans... and when they dont they are snotty and arrogant. (Even in Canada you experience this, in spite of our nations being so similar)

So if people in the US need to act like Americans...why shouldnt you act like the french when you are in France?

your right, I should have offered those people a burger.

My point is that these people came to america, bought an american house ( a BIG one) and are dealing with an american company, with american workers, why in the hell should they expect me to know and or carry out indian rituals... its not a culture thing ITS BUSINESS, its a job, work.. you want an outlet here so yer kid can watch TV, fine, ill do that.. thats as far as it goes, if you expect anything more (than a smile and a thank you) then you are in for a dissapointment..

I dont browbeat others to follow my quirks when they come over, and I wont tolerate others doing it to me..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ June 06 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ITS BUSINESS<span id='postcolor'>

there's the answer. in business, your objective is to plz others while getting what you need.

in your case, you could have told them about your company policy and ask for their understanding. they want you to ake your shoes off? fine! but tell them why you can't!

in your case, you could have told them about your company policy and ask for their understanding. they want you to ake your shoes off? fine! but tell them why you can't!

dammit ralph didnt you read? they didnt speak or understand english (or very very little) I couldent explain company protocol to them, all I could do is just haul ass and get what the work order said done before they tried to casterate me something.

all I could tell is they were unhappy about something in the area of my feet and thats it..

who knows, maby it wasnt a shoe thing, maby if I started taking off my shoes... SEXUAL HARASSMENT!

hey wobble, this isnt meant as a disprespect, but you said alot of the cleints dont respect you guys, so why is it your example has to be one involving indians

sorry just saw this

I just sticks out more than yer run of the mill assholes, usually its "your going to slow.. too fast", "I dont want to be able to see the wire" "you charge too much" ..etc etc and basic run of the mill irritating crap, this just stuck out because

A: I couldent understand a word of it

B: it apparently had to do with religion or custom..

I should tell people im hamish..a hamish cable man.. how fucked up would that be... LOL

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wobble @ June 06 2002,07:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My point is that these people came to america, bought an american house ( a BIG one) and are dealing with an american company, with american workers, why in the hell should they expect me to know and or carry out indian rituals...<span id='postcolor'>

America is a country made up of immigrants, so I think that you should be less cocksure about Amercan vs. foreign things. The bottom line is that it is their house and that gives them the right to set the rules.

Argh! mad.gif You are such a re**rd. If a cable guy walked around in your house in his boots, we would be listening to you whining against cable guys. And if the cable guy had been an immigrant, we would be listening to your always half racist insinuations. You are an embaressment for your country and it is people like you who give USA a bad name. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it its not a culture thing ITS BUSINESS, its a job, work.. you want an outlet here so yer kid can watch TV, fine, ill do that.. thats as far as it goes, if you expect anything more (than a smile and a thank you) then you are in for a dissapointment..<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly. It is business. And USA is a free market economy ruled by supply and demand. This means in practical terms that if you don't please the customer then they will choose somebody else to provide the service. After your boss sees that ppl from living in the places are moving to a competitor, he will fire you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I dont browbeat others to follow my quirks when they come over, and I wont tolerate others doing it to me..<span id='postcolor'>

I always find it amusing as hell when that you almost every time manage to contradict yourself in the one and same post:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My point is that these people came to america, bought an american house ( a BIG one) and are dealing with an american company, with american workers<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I should tell people im hamish..a hamish cable man.. how fucked up would that be... LOL

<span id='postcolor'>

You are a large redheaded scotsman from Bravehart??

Or did you mean Amish? biggrin.gif

But if you did that , you'd have to dress up in black, get a horse drawn carriage, and grow a goofy beard, Wobble smile.gif

LOL, Warin is funny : )

My time as an electrician taught me one thing: Customers are most of the time assholes. But they can be nice assholes if you just treat them respectfully while in THEIR house.

My time in after sales taught me another thing: The customer is always right even when he is wrong.

When you provide a service it is 50% attitude (sucking up, being nice, bending over backwards). You have to be a nice guy if you want your regular customers to come back AND if you want new customers to come your way.

As for people not trusting handymen in their house, its not that odd. There has been many accounts of people stealing and doing some freaky shit when they thought noone was watching. After all, it is a totally unknown person walking around your home. I'd keep an eye on them to. And I KNOW you would to Wobble (with gun in hand).

To a handyman, his shop and his car is his workplace. When you go to someone elses place to do the job you are entering THEIR home. This means their rules apply. If their rules dont match your company policy you tell them this. If they start blabering in Indian and it looks like a problem is coming your way you give them the phone nr of your boss and tell them to straighten it out. Its as simple as that.

The only time I have ever held a job where I could treat the customer the way they REALLY deserved was when I drove deliveries. We used to deliver newspapers aswell in the morning and we were the only ones contracted to do that. Some customers hated us and we hated them right back, and showed it. Why? Because it was the way it was, we had the papers and they needed them. AND we usually dealt with second rate clerks anyway who hated their jobs while we just loved messing with them smile.gif

The people should speak english though.Why you think south florida is called cuba,because bunch cubans running around speaking spanish.Probably same way along the mexican border.

"The people should speak english though.Why you think south florida is called cuba,because bunch cubans running around speaking spanish.Probably same way along the mexican border."

What if they recently had come to America and not learned the language yet? I think InstaLearning hasn't been invented yet you know.