Sign in to follow this  
beepee

Night vision goggles.

I'm currently building my first ever mission which happens at late afternoon. So I'm using night vision goggles. Problem is that when heli gauges (which are illuminated) are in my line of sight the whole scene is getting darker and darker down to the point when only gauges are visible. It's not possible to fly like this. Can someone tell me how to avoid this effect? Can I turn off HDR completely? AFAIK it's not possible to turn off gauge illumination...

Hi BeePee

This problem occurs because there is no blue NVG lighting in the cockpits as it would be used in reality. The only workaround is to zoom in the view a bit and look over the instruments so that no lightsource is in the view.

Bump!

Question to the modders. Is it possible to remove gauges illumination? Or maybe someone can port this mod to ToH? -> GDT Mod HDR

Does it work when turning off the battery? Waiting for the mod solution..

Gauges are illuminated always when engine is running. Battery does not switch it off unfortunatelly.

Why not check the brightness of the monitor

Also normally after a few min’s in game things will look brighter than when you first started as the function of yours eyes vs. light level is modelled, so just like in real life if you exit a will lit place into a dark place it takes time for your eyes to acclimatise to the light level

Or change the date by a few days to get a fuller moon thus a lighter night.