Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

Nobody told me they weren't kosher!

I didnt read that until you posted it. I basically just checked the foreword. Being an atheist myself I am not that convinced a God exists. Even if he does I am sure he has reasons for his commandments better than "Because I say so". Otherwise, he is little more than a bully. So I basically wanted to know why there was such a thing as kosher food. If it has to do with a healthier diet it is something I can understand. If it doesnt have anything to do with that, well, then it doesnt make much sense to me : )

I only have chocolate cakes to eat today here in the office sad.gif

Gods and rules... It has a reason, why the priests of Torm call me heretic mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ June 06 2002,10:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it doesnt have anything to do with that, well, then it doesnt make much sense to me : )<span id='postcolor'>

Once again, I refer you to the section "Rationale of the Dietary Laws".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ June 06 2002,11:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I only have chocolate cakes to eat today here in the office  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Oh dear!

Hmm, OK, now I think I understand some of it and SOME of it actually makes sense to me. Thanks for linking the info, Avon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> He blew into his nostrils the SOUL of life" (Genesis 2:7). On this verse, the Zohar states that "one who blows, blows from within himself," <span id='postcolor'>

So maybe that's why people say "God bless you" when you sneeze, were they afraid you'd lose your soul? smile.gif

Tyler