Sign in to follow this  
tnprvteye

Reasons for being here...

Okay, forgive me if I ruffle a few feathers, but I want to say this.

I bought TOH because I REALLY love flying helicopters. I was (am?) a student helicopter pilot, and hope to continue my training someday. Real-Life and money have gotten in the way temporarily, and I was hoping TOH could scratch that "itch".

That being said, I also own ARMA2 (and all the previous entries in the series), because I enjoy a good Tactical Shooter as well.

However, I am worried that most people only see this as a "tech demonstrator" for ARMA3. I'm worried that most people will skip this since you can't "blow crap up".

I sincerely hope that this game can attract the same modding talents that the previous BI titles have in the past. Please don't let the fact that it isn't a true military sim get in the way of having a blast as a civil fling-wing pilot.

True, there may not be fire-fights and big explosions, but there is a certain level of suspense when you have to pick up a wounded motorist off of a confined street, at night, and in pouring down weather.

Take On Helicopters has the ability to be a classic game...mentioned in the same breath as SimCopter and the SAR series.

Please don't let the forth-coming ARMA3 let this one slip into obscurity.

-Rant off....and back to the liquor cabinet.

:)

Well, it just came out but I haven't seen much evidence of the Arma modding community being interested in ToH. There are a couple modders so far that have taken the initiative to start customizing the game (whom I have much respect for). I guess we have to wait and see or try to figure it out ourselves.

A lot of the best Arma modders are in mid project at the moment and some of the stuff they produce takes a long time due to the work involved and the fact they do it in their spare time. I wouldn't expect to see new models for ToH for a while yet. There is a lot of discussion on how to convert existing maps/models for ToH though. I would expect that we will see some conversions pretty soon. The CBA team have already produced alpha/beta versions of CBA for ToH which are the building blocks for a lot of addons.

If it is missions you are after then now might be a good time to launch the editor and give it a go. The problem I have is thinking of scenarios to make mission about. With Arma it's easy really as it always revolves around one side attacking another side. I think with ToH you need a bit more of a creative idea to make it work. Problem is that time is limited also and I feel that I can't really do a mission justice until I have learned to land a helicopter properly!!

Stuff will happen eventually!

You can blow up crap. The military MD500 at least is packing 2 mini-guns and a couple rocket pods.

It is obvious the campaign will bring you to SE Asia for military ops.

-X

There was this thread a while ago with all these mission ideas posted by members. There were some really creative ideas about types of missions.

I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of some awesome community mods... and would like to jump on the sound design team of one/several.

Hope it really gets popular, not just with ARMA modders but xplane/fsx/dcs community modders too.