Sign in to follow this  
rds100

Why objects suddenly appear like "from the fog"?

Hello! I made my island, binarized, and open in game. There is a problem - all objects - roads, buildings and other - appear suddenly, from the distance near 1 - 2 km, like "from the fog". Especially it significant for flying. When distance to object more than distance of appear, you can see surface, but a road or building, which stands on this place, you cannot see. How to regulate distance of appearing of the objects (increase it) ? May be, change some parameter in config.cpp?

Edited by rds100

Do the official islands do it like Chernarus and Takistan? That sounds pretty normal to me. Increase view distance and object detail in your settings maybe. I'm new to island making for ArmA II though so maybe someone else will have a better answer.

Increase view distance and object detail in your settings maybe.

I did it, of course, it increase view distance of surface, but not objects, unfortunately.

Do the official islands do it like Chernarus and Takistan?

Information, that nobody cannot solve this problem (only BI know the secret) also make me happy :D

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

This is the video. There is able to see, how are houses and roads appearing. I saw again, compared with BI islands viewing, and thought, maybe there is no a trouble? It should be so? (Low fps by reason of video recording, usually it about 30)

Edited by rds100

you need to put the photographic detail into your Sat_lco. roads, runways only appear at a certain distance. its really an illusion.