Sign in to follow this  
scarp

Emergency Kit

Just wondering, are there any type of flares in TKOH?

What I am mostly curious about is; in a multiplayer scenario we have a stranded pilot. Except for marking the spot on the map of his location, it would be way cooler (if anything) if pilots had some kind of emergency kit by default like a flare gun? Me thinks that could make the whole ordeal of rescue a little more interesting...and fun.

I dont know, could that be done either with a weapon/flare-gun, or would you have to use scripting/effects/triggers/orwhatever?

There was a flaregun back in OFP:R and most grenadelaunchers in ArmA are able to shot flares. I think somebody will release a flaregun/survival-kit-addon soon :)

In allinone.cpp I see class Glock17_H : Pistol_Base_H and class M203Muzzle : GrenadeLauncher which contains magazines for flares, but I can't find the actual magazines. Are they in or out?

I've made scripted rocket flares before, even if they weren't MP capable (SP mission) it should be fully possible to make them so. I've done scripted MP capable artillery illumination, so I know it's possible.

Now, I can only find that Glock_17 though, would that be good enough as an abstraction (script only), or is a flare pistol a necessity (addon required)? I can post the script part here if needed, but since I don't have the game, others would have to finish it.

Edit: One limitation exist in pure scripted solution however, and that is that you cannot truly make it visible during the day. I can add particle glows and orbs and stuff, but particles have limited draw distance compared to actual objects which requires addons.

Edited by CarlGustaffa