Sign in to follow this  
jakerod

Maps

Is there anyone who is willing to post up pictures of the maps?

Does the old topography "cheat" still work?

I'm mostly interested in seeing what the Takistan one looks like but I'm sure that other people may be interested in the other maps.

My apologies if they are already posted I have been looking and waiting for a few days but have not found them.

I never knew that 'cheat'. thanks.

I love finding out new stuff, like that shift LMB waypoint. I was way late on learning that one also. :o

I can't seem to open, view or convert this file type, and I tried a couple of apps :confused:

here are the terrains as EMF files, maybe someone else will have better luck?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30579259/South_Asia_H.emf

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30579259/United_States_H.emf

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

here is the convert of your Asian EMF file. its rather small....maybe Irfan viewer is not the best program to convert these vectors.

http://i.imgur.com/h4kS4.jpg

The convert of your states EMF is about 20463 x 20469 pixels. and weighing in at 500 meg in jpeg format or 50 meg in PNG format.

Edited by 9thAircav

-Ziggy-;2048485']

I love finding out new stuff' date=' like that shift LMB waypoint. I was way late on learning that one also. :o [/quote']

That feature is way cool - thanks for telling me about that while playing on your server! Is that feature in the documentation anywhere? How did you find it? I wonder what other cool features are hiding in A2/ToH?

Real maps and flight planning here for Seattle. Handy if you can have your lappy open next to your gaming computer. Make flight plans and navigate by dead reckoning - and turn off the in game waypoints.

Thanks guys! Is the Takistan map of Takmyr and the river area that runs through it then? I don't see any town names on the map and that is the closest thing I can see to it. Takistan National Map

If you guys have the BI Tools from ArmA II then there is a program in the visitor folder called EMFtoPNG. Just drag the EMF to that and it will convert it. Takes a hell of a long time though so far. I tried doing both at once before... that was a big mistake.

Edited by Jakerod

That feature is way cool - thanks for telling me about that while playing on your server! Is that feature in the documentation anywhere? How did you find it? I wonder what other cool features are hiding in A2/ToH?

A community member, I can't recall who (Op4?) , told me back when Arma2 was first released sometime.

Hi All, Ziggy,

You can open the enhanced media files with: http://www.globalmapper.com/

This software will also allow you to make your own maps if you have paid a license.

Please be careful when asked if you want to open the file as raster or vector, raster will require a large amount of ram and a fairly decent workstation to work with (right now I'm on a laptop so I can't try that).

Enjoy

-Ziggy-;2048788']I will try that' date=' Isaac.

I will also try EMFtoPNG, Jakerod, as I have the BI Tools.

thanks, both of you.[/quote']

I just used Globalmapper and that worked as a vector. I didn't try Raster because photoshop is still trying to open the PNG from EMFtoPNG.

Can anyone give me town names on the map? I'm trying to figure out which part of the country is modeled.

EDIT; I've given up on opening it in photoshop. It seemed to stall about 45 minutes into it and I got sick of waiting. The town names are more important to me anyway.

Edited by Jakerod

this process of converting and opening is taking a while, yes.

the EMFtoPNG produced a 200mb png, and Gimp is opening it up now ... tapping fingers...

I dare not Start the game until this process finishes.

what have you got me into Jakerod? :D

*Gimp failed to open it, so I just captured a screen from the editor

takeonh2011110112565422.th.png

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;2048831']this process of converting and opening is taking a while' date=' yes.

the EMFtoPNG produced a 200mb png, and Gimp is opening it up now ... tapping fingers...

I dare not Start the game until this process finishes.

what have you got me into Jakerod? :D

*Gimp failed to open it, so I just captured a screen from the editor

image was here

Thank you for posting that. Bandar e-Ghazmi isn't on the map correct? It would be in the east. See Takistan National Map

I don't see it on there myself but I just wanted to make sure. I see you noticed the image size right when I sent that PM.

-Ziggy-;2048846']no Bandar

Shapur e Dalanper is closest to the easternmost border in the editor.

Karichar is included.

Thank you!