Sign in to follow this  
UnYx

Missing X3DAudio1_6.dll preventing startup

I preordered TKOH and had pretested it as a mod of Arma2:OA worked rather fine.

Yesterday I downloaded the final version from SPROCKET & installed it flawlessly.

As I try to start the game I get an error message stating that X3DAudio1_6.dll is missing => the game won't start :butbut:

Since the test of the preversion I have reinstalled my PC but have changed nothing to the OS & configuration :

Win7 Home Premium 64bits French

Asus P5KC (includes a realtek HD Audio chip, which is the audio output I use; with realtek latest drivers : R266) + Intel Core2Duo E6750 @ stock frequency + AMD Radeon HD5750 Vapor-X @ stock frequency. DxDiag says Directx11 is installed and OK.

The only obvious difference between the test of the preview that worked and now : I have not reinstalled any version of Arma2 <=> may be some DLLs installed by Arma2 are missing in TKOH Standalone? I gonna reinstall Arma2 & Arma2:OA in order to check this. :icon_question:

Edited by UnYx

Misleading explanation: more correctly would be:

Install DirectX9.

Reason: In DirectX, a higher version number doesn't mean complete backwards compatibility to games that require lower DX version. So DX11 is missinf several files that belong to DX9.

Better don't take the number as version info but as part of the software name. So DX11 is a different software than DX9, not a update.

This finally means, both can be installed side by side without interfering (lik DX9 install accidentally deletes DX11 files) and is even required when playing a DX9 Game.

Thank you for Mosh and Myke the solution and explanation:); I just installed Dx9 and it works perfectly :yay: