Sign in to follow this  
MurphDog

Anyone have a logitech mouse and play ofp?

So I decided to reinstall OFP and Red Hammer the other day and I'm having a problem with the wheel on my cordless Trackman Wheel mouse.

After doing some configuring in my Logitech properties. The best result I can get is pressing the wheel button to get the action menu to come up, and I can select the top item in the list, but the scroller will not react.

I have even installed the Game_wheel fix that Logitech provides on their site, but I noticed no difference.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about, or doesn't, the following image is what my current, and most successful settings are. Most successful meaning I can at least open the action menu with a click of the wheel. If anyone has any idea how I can get the scroll action to work, let me know thanks.

logitechOFPIssue.gif

By the way, it's not an Ifeel mouse, and I'm using Windows 2000, OFP patch 1.46 and the latest Mouseware.

I noticed that when I installed Red Hammer after I installed the 1.46 patch, it went back to 1.30, so I had to reinstall the 1.46 patch.

I noticed that when I upgraded to Windows XP, and consequently had to upgrade my Logitech Wheel Mouse software that the wheel functionality in OFP disappeared.

I've tried changing the mouse wheel properties in Windows with no luck. I haven't yet tried reinstalling the game. I was hoping to avoid that.

I'm using a Logitech mouse under XP with no problems. However, I'm also not using the Mouseware package from Logitech (which I did have problems with when I tried it), I'm using the stock mouse drivers that Microsoft provides with the OS -- they work fine, and the wheel and Action Menu activation work as well.

I've tried all that is suggested with the Mouseware software. I think I might have to go with the Microsoft drivers.

yep And what the guy above said ......just stick with the drivers it came with ....the supposedly newer drivers to suit ( fingers and legs crossed win xp ) is supposed to help but all it does is stop half of the stuff that was working before from working again ......go figure hey smile.gif good ol win xp = xtra phucked more like hahahahah.... biggrin.gif

So what do I need to do here to use the native Win drivers? I need to un-install all Logitech drivers?

dunno popup target .......

i don't think you need to un-install ALL your logitech stuff ..just possibly the mouseware setup thingy ...( the bit that allows you to change your mouse settings and such ) then again this may or may not work ..... ? my bro uses win xp BUT---> is using a microsoft intellimouse explorer ...NO probs as such ....im using win millenium + microsoft intellimouse explorer ....but i used to use a logitech mouseman with no adverse effects ....possibly or most likely its a win xp problem causing havoc in ofp mouse settings ??....

sorry i canno't be of more help than to suggest using the intellimouse explorer .....anyway its more usable than the old logitech mouseman ever was smile.gif .....cheers gaz...

Yes, you would have to uninstall the Logitech drivers. If you don't, XP will automatically reinstall the drivers after you reboot.

Uninstall Mouseware, and let Windows reboot the system. When the system comes back up, it will detect the mouse and install the standard XP mouse drivers.

Frag...thanks. I'll that a try.

Sure do miss that wheel...especially when I'm in a real hurry and need scroll through a list of action items like "Pick up ammo". Seems like I always get low when there's lots of bad guys around me.

Okay...I unistalled the Logitech mouse drivers, rebooted and let XP detect my mouse.

My wheel functionality has returned to in-game use, and it works in other programs. So that procedure works. The only problem now is that XP does not support the thumb button on the left side of the mouse used for "double-click". I need to hunt around Microsofts web site and see if there's an upgrade somewhere.

I have a Logitech Optical mouse, when I first got it I had some problems with OFP. I just uninstalled the drivers, and let Windows install the generic mouse driver. Don't seem to have any problems anymore.