Sign in to follow this  
pchaxor

Just pre-ordered today!

I woke this AM and looked through Steam to see whats "coming soon" and saw this Helicopter game ... clicked the store page and saw Bohemia Interactive as the developer. TALK ABOUT EXCITED! Ive been playing OFP/Arma for as long as they have been in existance. Of coarse I didn't buy it on steam though, knowing BIS owns Sprocket/IDEA would definately put the money where it belongs...

Anyways ... just wanted to rant how freaking excited I am about this game!

I have flight stick and TrackIR and have many flight hours in Arma2. I am hoping this flight model is the same as Arma2. If so this game will be a riot.

22% on beta download ... getting anxious.

Can anyone else share the excitement or maybe give me some idea what the flight model is like compared to Arma2?

Thanks!

The flight model is much more advanced compared to arma 2. And there are environmental influences like wind, turbulence etc.

The game has a steep learning curve that is rewarded by the even greater satisfaction once you "get it". :)

when I fly, with autotrim disabled, I must maintain control of all 3 axis of the helicopter movement to counter torque forces exhibited during flight.

I can tell you that a mouse and keyboard control requires constant key input, even after I (sometimes successfully) set manual trim.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

The helicopter flightmodel can actually be considdered as one of the best currently available ( coming from BETA experiences btw) :)

The goal really is not only to make the helicopter as complete as possible but also very accessible in this game.

Take On Helicopters can be quite well played with just keyboard and mouse (auto hover helps with landing significantly in this case), very good controls are provided by XBox 360 controller but of course if someone owns joystick or flight stick the experience gets even better.

Compared to the pre-order beta, the final game comes loaded with tutorials and various hints to make the flying as enjoyable as possible.

The three difficulty levels also provide a lot options to customize the game to liking of various types of players.

But yes, there is lot to learn compared to Arma about helicopters.

Pre Purchased this morning - always happy to support BIS.

Fantastic company :D

Yup, I never really thought I'd like it to be honest as I really don't play anything without combat. Great expanse, the clouds are dreamy, landscape fun to ride and skyscrapers are stellar - it's my premier game to play before beddy-bye -and I mean that in a good way :D

I played the beta for a few hours yesterday and I have to say I am quite impressed with just free flying. I did have a hard time with the collective and the (3) throttle adjustments; trying to figure out what they do and how they relate. I suppose in time I will "get it". The added toutorials in the final will help for sure (and maybe a manual if one is going to be available). I think for now I will go read the forums for a bit and see if I can learn anything new.

This is turning into a great simulation Maruk, tell the devs I said THANK YOU and as always I am proud to support BIS.

I agree ! Playing the beta gives a very close feeling to fly a helicopter. Mainly I am flying in FSX-Flightsimulator but BIS did a very good job and made helicopter flying a great thing to FS-Enthusiasts & also to Gamers. Really great how they made the flightdynamics and even the design of the "helpers" !

now waiting for the final game and also for many exiting multiplayer-missions (hopefully without turning into arma2-objectives :rolleyes: )

now waiting for the final game and also for many exiting multiplayer-missions (hopefully without turning into arma2-objectives :rolleyes: )

Very true mate, I love Arma but this is a helicopter flight sim after all.