Sign in to follow this  
Fuby

Can not get back into heli? on exit.

First, I really enjoy the idea and flying in TOH..although not as complexed or feels as good as another heli I fly..I am having alot of fun flying low thru Seattle..

but..sigh.. problem #1..

First mission.. right off I have a problem once I talk with the guys..

Can not get back into heli? I seen a posting saying right click and the wheel from Arma appears.. it's not happening for me and very frustrating. is this the right or only way to get back into chopper?

When I right click my mouse it zooms into chopper or anyplace I am looking actually....

wheel never appears near chopper.. tried for more than an hour.. might frustrate many more trying this game.

what have I got wrong?

Try left Alt. It's default key to "Free look" function, it shows all available icons. Stand close to heli, push that btn and hold it then move your mouse to "steering wheel" icon and push left mouse. Hope this helps.

Btw, you should activate the interaction menu by scrolling your mouse wheel, not right mouse button (yes, I also saw it posted somewhere, but it's not how it works normally). So scroll your mouse wheel en then look at the chopper controls and a new option in het action menu should appear (get in chopper as pilot or something).

There is a bug though that if you switch vehicles you cannot get back in the previous one.

There is a bug though that if you switch vehicles you cannot get back in the previous one.

Thats not exactly true. AFAIK this bug depends on mission. In free flight it doesn't occur (for me at least), only in SWAT mission.

got it... it seems walking to the door and looking at the seat brings up the blue wheel to enter.. it seems like a very small hit box for "me"... but works..

Thats not exactly true. AFAIK this bug depends on mission. In free flight it doesn't occur (for me at least), only in SWAT mission.

I see. It's also in the ION mission (if you enter SUV) btw, but didn't know it was ok in free flight :)

Well in such case this bug should be somehow connected with mission triggers, because there are no triggers in free flight. Didn't know that it's also in ION mission... Either way it's perfectly possible to reenter the heli, if not it's a bug and gonna be removed in final release for sure :)

if you can't get back in try crouching first then you should see the symbol to get in when you face the door. Worked for me :)

I get to the door as close as possible, then start pressing enter and looking around until i find the hotspot, cos sometimes the round icon doesn't show...

Also, try and hit backspace to make sure you clear any (inadvertedly) activated sub menues. Doors wont open if one of them is active/open.