Sign in to follow this  
stubs

Editing Ranks

Alright, i know it's probably hard coded, but is it in any way probably possible to mod the ranks in Arma 2. I kind of had an idea to make conventional armies use Private, corporal, sergeant, etc... and have insurgents and guerillla armies use Untrained, militia, private, etc... (9/10 things that "weren't possible" were made by other people)

Thanks, Stubs.

Well you have to understand that the rank system in A2 doesn't mean squat. All it does is define which numbers are used to denote that particular units skill. There may be a way to change how each rank is named in the editor though, I'm not sure.

All I wanted to do was just change the skill of the ranks and add in several more.this way Marines for example would have 2 corporals and 2 privates in a fireteam and still be better than the insurgents.

You can do that easily in the editor just by editing a unit and changing their ranks.

Of course as you said in your first post to mod it so that a default rifle squad of USMC is to have the skill then

I believe you would have to open the file characters2 the pbo located in the addons folder of the game itself and look at the Cpp for the USMC.

I believe thats where you change it I'm not 100% on that, the cpp dont show rank as far as i can tell.

I was looking more for adding in extra ranks and boosting the current ranks up.

Thanks for all your input so far everybody, these are by far the best forums on the internet!

Edited by stubs