Sign in to follow this  
lazerath

Question(s) regarding Beta Release Date?

Please don't smack me for asking this but we are now 10 days in on the Beta with the full game being released in 13 more days. Could a Dev please comment on the following question(s) if allowed.

In another thread (unable to find where when searching) I remember a Dev mentioning that yes there would be a few new beta releases before the game is released on the 27th of Oct. So I was wondering when this was going to happen as we are almost halfway to the release date and there has been nothing about a new beta release and I find that weird.

I've done beta testing for other software gaming companies and they always had incremental beta releases for the beta testers.

Cheers!

Looks like someone is getting impatient - what a surprise. The post I assume you're referring to is this one:

We do intend to provide some patches to the Beta before release, but as was indicated above: resources are limited and providing a patch usually isn't just a matter of pressing a button :)

I think that explains the situation pretty well.

Btw. I've been involved in beta testing for games aswell, but closed betas are usually different to something like this one. The recent BF3 beta also wasn't updated, for example.

No, not impatient MadDogX.

I also know that its not as simple as pushing a button, I was simply asking about something that was mentioned.

As we were informed,

e do intend to provide some patches to the Beta before release

As mentioned above, they intend to provide some patches to the Beta before release. So I was simply asking about it as we are almost half way through the time before its intended release. That does NOT make me impatient like you stated it simply means I am staying on top of whats been told to us.

yup, I know, closed betas are usually different then open betas, like the use of Non-Disclosure agreements etc. I was simply stating my experience with participating in beta testing and how it was done.

No disrespect meant in my reply ;)

EDIT: Forgot to say thanks for finding the post for me when I was unable.

Edited by lazerath
Forgot to say thanks for helping me with finding the post made by a Dev in regards to my initial question.

Well, perhaps a dev will stumble on this thread and provide some updated info. ;)

And I'm obviously not part of the dev team, but I think it's safe to assume that they're currently trying to cram as much optimization and bug fixes as possible into the game before it goes gold. They will probably only release an update to the beta if it will actually provide some sort of benefit for them, for example due to additional feedback that can be acted upon quickly.

Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, since creating a patch takes time that could be spent working on the game.

Well, perhaps a dev will stumble on this thread and provide some updated info. ;)

That would be great!

Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense, since creating a patch takes time that could be spent working on the game.

I agree with you completely but then why state that they would be releasing a few patches during the beta time, unless its meant as some time of reward for pre-purchasing the game maybe(insert question mark here - my keyboard is not working properly).

Thanks for the info ;-)