Sign in to follow this  
BadWeather

stopTheBlueVan - mission

Finally I got the block waypoint working. The information I lacked was already availible on various arma editing pages(script waypoint variables).

Anyway here's the thing. Open in editor after unpacking the folder into your My documents\Take On Helicopters\missions folder. Edit all you like I just thought to publish for other newbs like me so they too might gather some knowledge. Just had to make this since the pursuit mission is not included yet. Although pursuitBoat is fun to too

http://koti.mbnet.fi/kaikte-d/blockBlueVan.rar

Nice mission. After landing, the mission would not end, however. Did I not land close enough to a waypoint? My copilot commended me on my landing, "You've been practicing your landings, huh?"

Oh yeah, I didn't put an automatic endingo it. its just a template I made while trying to figure out the scripted waypoints. Those co-pilots comments are all BI scripts. I did write the waypoint plaint text on complete-effect texts. There is also follow and formation waypoints that can be used to make a pursuit mission. I'm going to try and add some randomization and a continuous flow of new missions tomorrow. Maybe force a low fuel situation and stuff like that. Unless someone beats me to it winkwink

Simple mission making will be fast thanks to these ready made scripted waypoints.

Yes, I was impressed with the indicator on the GPS map that tracked the blue van. Cool. There is "manual fire" in the command menu, so I thought at first that the heli was equipped with miniguns or cannon to take out the van! Good work on the mission!

Yes, I was impressed with the indicator on the GPS map that tracked the blue van. Cool.

Again, not me, its all BI scripts. I didnt write a single line of script. I just threw some waypoints here and there. You know waypoint type scripted HELICOPTER or something like that. then choose block or circle or follow or whatever. Just attach the waypoint to the target by creating it right on top of it and enjoy.

I'll check 'em out and learn something!